1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Burning PS2

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by Topazworm, Jun 18, 2004.

1. Topazworm

Topazworm Guest

Im recently getting use to burning my own ps2 games. However there are problems. I use Swap Magic 3, so no mod chip. I also own a cheap(ish) set of dvd+r discs. My problem is when i burn my ps2 iso's with achohol 120% the games either dont load in the ps2 or if they do they take [bold]ages![/bold] to load up. And in some cases just crash. My dvd burner only takes dvd+r. So my questions are...
    a) What is the best programme to use to burn iso's and what settings do i put it on?
    b) is using dvd+r's and cheap(ish) ones the problem to?

thanks!

2. devilhunt

devilhunt Active member

slow/poor loading is usualy media related either try a different brand of media or try burning at a slower speed
    a popular program for burning ps2 games is dvd decrypter in iso write mode but alcohol should be fine
    also if you have a v1-4 ps2 dvd+r discs dont always work that well

3. DesiBABA

DesiBABA Guest

i want to learn how to burn ps2 games i can burn them very easily onto a dvd but i want to see if i can burn it onto a 700 or 800mb disc

i was wondering because i have ps2 iso image files but they are too big and wont fit on thew cds is tyhere a way i can split them and put them on more than one cd

thanks

4. DesiBABA

DesiBABA Guest

TOPAZWORM
    the Dvd+r's are the problem becasue i was having the same problem so i went and bought some good one 5 for 10 bucks
    and it worked fine:)

5. Ender88

Ender88 Regular member

Why are you so certain that's his problem? Like devilhunt said, it could be the +. Topazworm, find a way to burn (a friend with a - burner..) a - backup and try that. It will save you money in the case that it isn't a problem with + from buying a new burner.