1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

burning ps2

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by Lestat85, Nov 27, 2004.

1. Lestat85

Lestat85 Guest

i am useing dvd decrypter and am doing what i was told. iso decrypt
    then write
    and the disks r not working in my PS2? whats going on?

2. re4de2ye0

re4de2ye0 Member

You might want to try burning at a slower speed. This is a pretty common problem, people try to burn at too fast of a speed and don't get a good burn. Try 1 or 2x. If that is not the case and you are sure you are following the tut properly, you could just have some bad media or a picky drive. Hope that helps.

3. Lestat85

Lestat85 Guest

do i need a mod chip or anything?

4. moo1037

moo1037 Member

Yes, you need a mod chip

5. billid

billid Guest

do a search for the Swap Magic Loaders. You'll have to use the DVD Loader with slide card.

When you order it you'll get DVD Loader, CD Loader and slide card all together for about $30.

You'll have to take the plate off the front of your disk tray so that you can get the slide card in to pull out the tray.

steps on how to use:

Load up DVDloader

screen prompts you to insert burnt game

slide the slide card in the left side of tray about 1/2 inch from the left till it locks in, you'll lock into a tab inside with the little slot in the slide card, slide it over to the right and out.

replace with burnt dvd

slide back in with the slide card where it was when it came out, so that it locks back into the tab inside. slide back over to the left and click x on your controller.

pink background means your fucked, blue or nothing means it's loading properly

6. billid

billid Guest

moo1037,

No you don't need a mod chip. Slide card and swap magic disks work fine and the fact that he was trying to play burnt games without anything leads me to believe that he'd have trouble installing a mod chip.

7. dantetren

dantetren Guest

I'am new at this too.

Where can i find Slide card and swap magic disks?

What website do they sell them the cheapest?

There isnt any webpage where you can just download a PS2 boot disk?

8. billid

billid Guest

btw,

order the newest version of the loaders, 3.2

3.3 might be out, but 3.2 handles versions 1-10 of ps2

if you have v11 or 12 of ps2 (i think that's where they are) then I think you'll need version 3.3, not sure.

9. billid

billid Guest

you can't burn the loader dvd or cd

if you did, the ps2 would not recognize it.

i bought mine from gocybershop.ca ...it's in Canada.. Waterloo Ontario

if you search these boards you'll find other threads on where good places are to buy them

10. philipman

philipman Regular member

gocyber is the best site I buy my stuff from them all the time they have the best priceing. Also I would recommend a no soder mod chip.

11. Lestat85

Lestat85 Guest

b/c i was asking if i needed a mod chip or if theres anything eles i can use, leads u to think i cant install a mod chip then ur dumb, and u sho9uld not assume things u have no clue about. thanks and good night

12. cdub998

cdub998 Member

Ohh man how boring!!!! I thought this thread was about actually burning your PS2. I wanted pics.

13. recca-kun

recca-kun Member

Hey im new to this site but i have found something earlier about back up games being weird by being grey and white and moving up and down. Well i never thought that would happen to me and i lost that thread. It turns it it happened to me when i was backing up my need for speed underground 2. Can any one help me please?