1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

burning psp umd disks?!!?!?

Discussion in 'PS2' started by hacker26, Apr 1, 2005.

1. hacker26

hacker26 Regular member

Ok, i heard that u can make back ups of your psp games but i dont know how. I noticed that in some stores selling a psp value pack ocmes with those little cases that protect the mini disk inside. If i get those and burn a mini or something and put it in there would that work? does anyone know anything about this i no its new but please help.. thanks

2. cazer

cazer Regular member

first off there is nothing on the market that will read the psp disk.
    sacond the hole in the center is smaller then dvds and cds and you can not buy the disks.
    third they are not dvds or cds.

3. hacker26

hacker26 Regular member

yes u can buy them there called mini disks.... they fit in the cd tray perfectly... i know that for sure being i have tried it with the demo disk psp came with....

4. cazer

cazer Regular member

sorry man you are wrong. i have my sample disk out and my ps2 with a flip top.along with a dvd and cd and a mini disk.
    first the umd disk has a metal disk in the center of it that does not go throw the hole. but it does go throw the hole in the cd,dvd,and the mini disk.
    second, if you take the umd and place it on top of the dvd,cd,or mini disk you will see that the hole in the umd is about 1/8" smaller then the other disks.
    third of all the umd disks center has a small lip around it about 1/16".
    fourth the umd disk does not fit on a cd,dvd drive spindel. as i take mine and place it on my ps2 spindel it is clear that it is not a match.
    and finally the umd is about 1/2" smaller then both mini cd disks and mini dvd disks.

5. cazer

cazer Regular member

and i forgot the writing place on the umd is about 1/4" further in then on any other disk. if you place it under a dvd or cd with a clear center you will see this. this means no dvd or cd laser can read the inside part of the disk. i know this couse i have the umd disk in my ps2 with the laser all the way in and it is onmust at the edge the umd disk. i would say 1/4" from the edge.

6. vans12

vans12 Regular member

cazer is right and wrong at the same time. the psp disk will not fit in the cd-rom drive. But you can get a UMD reader and use like achool 120% to copy it. and you can get UMD at like any ware just search for it on the net.

7. vans12

vans12 Regular member

cazer is right and wrong at the same time. the psp disk will not fit in the cd-rom drive. But you can get a UMD reader and use like achool 120% to copy it. and you can get UMD at like any ware just search for it on the net.

8. cazer

cazer Regular member

i just searched the net and found nothing that you can buy. only forums like this one asking if if sony will release blank umd and writers. and umd belongs to sony. the psp is the only thing that takes them right now. no one has a reson to make these disk for the public. who ever if you have a sit that has them could you let my know i would like to see it.
    thanks.

9. castro485

castro485 Member

Someone will figure it out. And the real trick probally is a way to have your pc communicate with your psp through the usb cable. if they can figure how to get games off the umd..