1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

burning psx games for ps2

Discussion in 'PS2 - CD backup discussion' started by rknothing, Nov 10, 2004.

1. rknothing

rknothing Member

When you are buring a psx game on 120% Alcohol, do you have to select ps2 as the data type even if it isnt a ps2 game?

2. devilhunt

devilhunt Active member

if you burning a ps1 game then select playstation as the data type

3. rknothing

rknothing Member

i just did what you said and burned a downloaded copy of "X-men Children of the Atom" for psx. Now i am trying to use my Swap Magic disk (cd version) to run the game, and all it does is go to a red screen...where am i going wrong?

4. devilhunt

devilhunt Active member

swapmagic only boots ps2 game backup/imports it won't boot ps1 games, to boot ps1 games you need to use either breaker pro or gameshark for ps1

5. rknothing

rknothing Member

aye i see...thanks for your help man. Do you know where i could get either of those programs?

6. devilhunt

devilhunt Active member

the game shark for the ps1 i have no idea were you would get one from but the breaker pro disc is probably avalible from the same place you got your swapmagic discs

7. swap0

swap0 Member

I bought the breaker pro and try to play psx with it but it takes a long time to boot up and I'm not sure I'm doing swapping correctly or not.. according to the instruction after you reach the cyan screen with all the selection you are suppose to use the slide card and swap the disc.

The problem is that breaker pro is still turn in the ps2 and I'm not sure if I should try to swap it(is it normal for it to be still spinning?? swap magic stopped when I want to switch disc) I used the slide card and swap the disk and press X but the screen just froze and nothing happen...

Help please..