1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

burning psx to play on ps2...

Discussion in 'PS2 - CD backup discussion' started by tig121, Apr 12, 2005.

1. tig121

tig121 Guest

Im a bit new to all this i bought a flip top and swap magic 3.3 as i didnt fancy the job of soldering lol Does anyone know how i burn psx bin and cue files to run on this set up? Ive tried through alcohol at diff speeds, set the disc type to psx and ps2 blabla but it just says not valid ps2 disc, i know these work as ive played them on an emu, just such an arse trying to get them running on ps2, any help appreciated, thanks in advance :)

2. Akazecks

Akazecks Regular member

You need a psx cd loader. Run a search for one, it's another cd that you need that isn't the swap disk. The name escapes me now. For ps2 games just decrypt and burn onto some good media like Taiyo Yuden and swap.

3. tig121

tig121 Guest

hi thanks for the reply, i have no worries with ps2 games its just the ps1 games, so i got action replay max evo that booted up when it asked for disc i put in a burned psx game ( done through alcohol slow speed set to psx disc) and it still says no thanks dont like you?? lol Thanks again :)

4. Akazecks

Akazecks Regular member

yeah.. max wont help u with that... I think the disc is called exploder or something like that...

5. clouser

clouser Guest

i use the breaker pro it works great.

6. Akazecks

Akazecks Regular member

there ya go... I knew it had a er in the end.. Breaker Pro is what u need...

7. tig121

tig121 Guest

sweet thnx guys, im gonna give it a try :)

8. GameDevil

GameDevil Guest

Breaker pro is the best, gameshark works good as well.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 14, 2005
  9. tig121

tig121 Guest

i tried gameshark 2 had no joy though :(

10. Icemonkey

Icemonkey Active member

The Gameshark disc has to be an older version that does not automatically eject the drive tray for you in order for it to work. You then have to swap discs without pressing the Eject button.

11. tig121

tig121 Guest

Yess...its coming back to me now lol I used swap magic to boot game shark but then to put in the psx disc i had to eject the tray, when i opened the flip top it was still spinning round like a dead or alive song! lol

12. Icemonkey

Icemonkey Active member

You cannot use Swap Magic to boot the Gameshark disc. The Gameshark disc must be an original Gameshark2 Bonus disc w/PS1 codes lower than v4.

13. Raziaar

Raziaar Member

Hey guys. So if I understand correctly, its impossible to backup Playstation 1 games to play them on a playstation 2 without a modded PS2? I don't have a modded PS2, but I am interested in backing up my PSX games to play them on my PS2. Or even on my PS1. Is it possible to back them up and play on my Playstation 1? Or is that not possible either without some sort of chip?

14. OKIE

OKIE Regular member

yes can someone help me get started with ps2. gonna get one this week. from what ive read it should be chipped for backups.i have 120% and decriptor but never backed up ps2 games could someone point me in the right direct. thanks.

15. LiveFree

LiveFree Member

You can use the PSX archive disc you get with the AR2 (action reply V2) to play PSX games on an unmodded PS2. Thats if you can still find them, i think thay are out of production. Works a treat on the slim PS2's :D

16. Jlhfit

Jlhfit Regular member

I currently use Gameshark Version 5 for ps1 backups, I have breaker pro on the way now though.