1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Burning (ripping) xbox games

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by cavboomer, Aug 2, 2003.

1. cavboomer

cavboomer Guest

I've got a cd burner on my Dell 8300 and used MusicMatch Jukebox to try to burn an xbox game (also got Roxio). I used a cd-rw and copied the game. I put it in the xbox and it said it couldn't recognize the cd. But when i put it in the computer a video plays and says that the cd is an xbox game and to put it in the xbox. What am i doing wrong?

2. insomnet

insomnet Member

try using differnt types of cdrw media. it can be a bit picky sometimes.

3. cavboomer

cavboomer Guest

Can I hook it up to the computer somehow to get the game on to a cd? How? Do i need a mod chip?

4. 1800gumby

1800gumby Member

if u dont have a modchip your xbox is never gunna read a burnt game no matta what sort of disc its on because it dosent have microsoft's copy right code. the only wayto get around this is to but a modchip in your xbox.

5. darthnip

darthnip Moderator Staff Member

your PC cannot even read xbox discs, it will give you a false blah blah blah, you have to have a mod chip in the xbox and have it connected to your PC either thru a crossover cable or thru a LAN. then you transfer the files to the PC, make an xISO from them, then burn it to disc.