1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Burning SAD Files to an Audio CD?

Discussion in 'Audio' started by Xaxxa, Nov 8, 2004.

1. Xaxxa

Xaxxa Member

I've got this video game CD-ROM and I've managed to rip two songs from it and burn them to an audio CD, but the problem is, they won't play on a regular CD player, just on the computer. They are these weird files I've never heard of called .sad or SAD files. How can I get them to play on a CD player? Thanks!

2. diabolos

diabolos Guest

A SAD (.sad) is a [bold]Lucas Arts sound file[/bold]. I don't know of any way burn them or convert them (not meaning that there isn't a way). As a suggetion, when it comes to burning stuff this sites CD-R forum would probibly be more knowlegable about making an audio CD from an unusual sound file type like a SAD file, so I would try to start a thread there too.

3. diabolos

diabolos Guest

If you can't get any advice anywhere (else) it would seem that an alternative way to do it (if you really really want to have those songs on disc) could be to use the analog methode to record the songs to your hard drive in another sound format, then burn those files to make an Audio CD.

Here are all the details on how to use the [bold]analog methode[/bold]: http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/120964

You do realize that creating an "Audio CD" (a CD that can play in a regular CD player) and creating a CD with audio files (digital data that contains sound info) on it are two differnt things right?

Good luck,
    Ced