1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Burning San Andreas for PS2

Discussion in 'PS2' started by bigeasy80, Nov 18, 2004.

1. bigeasy80

bigeasy80 Member

I burnt San Andreas as writing speed of 1x with fujiflim R- discs. It loads a little slow but as opoints of the game it comes up "Read Error" and then continues on. I am using DVD Decrypter.

Anyone know how I can make a flawless copy

2. stupidkid

stupidkid Member

I did the exact same process as you and used the same DVD-r's also. However mine never had a single problem on the first load then i installed it on my HDD and never had to use the disk again. I'd try a reburn using DVD decrypter again but try burning with Nero.

i hope this helps you out

3. biggoltee

biggoltee Member

I made a copy using philips dvd-r and dvd decrypter
    works fine on my v-7 but skips loads slow on my v-4
    it might be your ps2

4. knapptown

knapptown Member

bigeasy80- I have read that the read error message is even on original versions of the game. I also have my backup freeze when in the car driving and I wait several minutes to unfreeze with no success, but if I try to reboot the game, it may make it past that point only to do it again at some other point. Any luck yet???

5. bigeasy80

bigeasy80 Member

I have wasted 5 discs trying to copy the san andreas, it reads error on them all but the ones burnt with nero dont work as well as the dvd dcrypter. Maybe is a compination of the version of ps2 and media, im using a iomega burner anyone know if there any good.

6. knapptown

knapptown Member

I don't know if you've tried this yet, but before I even boot up the game, I change my driver speed from standard to fast. I was actually was able to play the missions and haven't had any more screw ups... as long as you don't mind some longer loading times and some disappearing scenery sometimes, but I guess that comes with the game.