1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

burning Sims 2

Discussion in 'CD-R' started by rluk23, Sep 17, 2004.

1. rluk23

rluk23 Guest

I am new to this forum and just learned how to backup DVDs using DVD Shrink and DVD Decryptor. Now I want to burn Sims 2. Can I burn this game using shrink and decryptor? What is the best DVD media to use with this game? Is there a special way to burn PC games? Do I need any additional software? Thanks in advance.

2. Shoey

Shoey Guest

DVD Decryptor and DVD Shrink are designed to back DVD movies m8. The Sims 2 (pc version) is Safedisc 3.20.020 cd protected so I "assume" the dvd version is the same. Try using the latest CloneCD 5.0.2.2 for a dvd backup of The Sims 2.
    CloneCD 5.0.2.2
    http://www.slysoft.com
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]MSI KT6V-LSR MS-7021
    AMD Athlon XP 2500+ (OC'd to 3200+)
    1 Gig Corsair XMS PC3200 (OC'd DDR 400)
    MSI MS Starforce nVidia GeForce FX5500(256 DDR)
    Maxtor ATA\133 200 gig
    Lite-ON LTD165H DVD-ROM
    Lite-ON LDW411S DVD-Burner[/small]

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 19, 2004
  3. xlaxmat

xlaxmat Member

Hey i just made a "Back up" of the Sims 2 using that program......it installed ok and everything except now when i put the disc in the rom it says "Please insert the correct CD-ROM, select OK and restart application" Why would it say that? and how can i fix it?

Last edited: Sep 19, 2004
  4. Shoey

Shoey Guest

Reboot your pc,insert the backup in your burner and enable "hide cd-r". When you burned, did you enable emulate, or enhance weak sectors?
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]MSI KT6V-LSR MS-7021
    AMD Athlon XP 2500+ (OC'd to 3200+)
    1 Gig Corsair XMS PC3200 (OC'd DDR 400)
    MSI MS Starforce nVidia GeForce FX5500(256 DDR)
    Maxtor ATA\133 200 gig
    Lite-ON LTD165H DVD-ROM
    Lite-ON LDW411S DVD-Burner[/small]

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 20, 2004
  5. xlaxmat

xlaxmat Member

Is their a place where i can choose to enable them or enhance weak sectors? and is that what i want to do? Also, what does the Hide CD-R do? just out of ceriousity....

Thanks
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]AMD Athlon XP 2100+
    1.74 GHz
    768 MB Ram
    200 GB HD[/small]

Last edited: Sep 20, 2004
  6. Shoey

Shoey Guest

Use the "Protected PC Game" profile to read the image of The Sims 2, set read at 4x. After reading the image, choose "Protected PC Game" profile, burn at 1x.
    By choosing the "Protected PC Game" profile, CloneCD writes "emulating weak sectors. Down near system tray, you should see a orange sheep in your taskbar. If not, then go to Start>Programs>Slysoft>CloneCD>CloneCD Tray, enable "hide cd-r" and play backup in your burner, not your dvd or cd-rom.

7. xlaxmat

xlaxmat Member

One quick questoin.....i dont see where you can select the profile....? where is it located at?
    also...i was reading/burning at the max speed....maybe thats the problem, i will try it and let you know how it turns out. I appreciate your help. Thanks
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]AMD Athlon XP 2100+
    1.74 GHz
    768 MB Ram
    200 GB HD[/small]

Last edited: Sep 20, 2004
  8. Shoey

Shoey Guest

Open CloneCD>Click read image>select your dvd burner>you should see a bunch of profiles. Choose
    "Protected PC Game" profile, read at 4x. Now open CloneCD>write image>select your dvd burner>Choose
    "Protected PC Game" profile and burn at 1x. When all done, reboot and be sure CloneCD is running in system tray (hide cd-r). Insert backup and backup should play :)

9. xlaxmat

xlaxmat Member

Thanks Man, I reallly Appreciate your help :) I will let you know how the progress goes.

10. Shoey

Shoey Guest

The backup should play as Ollie , author of CloneCD, successfully made a dvd backup of FarCry, Safedisc 3.20.020 dvd protected. CloneCD and CloneDVD2 rules :)

11. xlaxmat

xlaxmat Member

sorry to bother you again...but do i have to have a registerd version to select profiles?

12. xlaxmat

xlaxmat Member

How do i put the Serial Number in to register it? I have one but i dunno how to do it. Thanks

13. Sparohawk

Sparohawk Member

hm... I am having troubles choosing a profile too. Just installed and registered for CloneCD 5.0.2.2, clicked Read to Image -> Choose a Drive -> then it ask me to choose image location -> then it start reading the DVD.

Please help.

14. Shoey

Shoey Guest

I don't own a dvd game of any sort so I took the time to just read the image of a dvd movie and noticed there's no "profiles" whatsoever. So basically all you do is read the image(s) at 4x, burn at 1x. Enable CloneCD "hide cd-r" and play your backup in your burner, not your dvd or cd-rom and game should play.

15. SamFau

SamFau Guest

can u give me step by step instructions on how to copy this game in dumbass terms cus im not reely a computer genius.

16. Smallfish

Smallfish Member

Hello, I am also new to this and have a similar problem. I downloaded the sims 2 and recieved 4 bin/cue files. I then burned the images using nero burn on 4 cds. Installation seemed to go smoothly, but I have the same "please reinsert disc, press ok and restart" message when trying to load the game. I am unsure of what to do at this point and any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

17. GranTou

GranTou Member

hi everybody, i'm french so excuse me 4 me bad english :/
    i make an image with clonecd with "Protected CD Game" but i don't want this message " insert CD game" after install... so how to burn it to make an image 100% working without CloneCD running in system tray...

thanks a lot

18. 20200

20200 Member

Does anyone have a serial key for the Clone CD 5?

19. Shoey

Shoey Guest

Insert backup and play in your burner and enable CloneCD's "hide cd-r" found in system tray taskbar (orange sheep icon )

20. GranTou

GranTou Member

don't work or is it my image was a problem?