1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

burning Sims 2

Discussion in 'CD-R' started by rluk23, Sep 17, 2004.

1. tdale

tdale Member

HI Naka

1. Make an image onto your hard disk with Alcohol 120%. That image would write to DVD, but while its a perfect DVD copy, it cannot write the Safedisk sectors as thety are not "PC" format.
    2. Install Daemon Tools. I think 3.47 is the latest version.
    3. After rebooting, set the Daemion Tools Emulation (right click the SYSTRAY icon) to Safedisk.
    4.Mount the image, right click Daemon Tools icon, take the top option, slide toi the drive letter, then the mount option, browsing themn to the image on the hard disk.
    5. The Sims 2 will autostart, and install it. If it dopesnt autostart, go to Windows Explorer, then to the new dvd drive letter, and install.
    6. To run the game, you must have the image mounted, when you do that it shoiuld autostart, if not, run form the Start Menu.

For some reason, my Win XP wont start when it is mounted, but it should as others I have installed do.

To back it up, I use Winrar to archive the image into small files of 30Mb as self extracting archive. You cannot writre a 2.9Gb single file onto a DVD. I cant at least.

2. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

Naka asked how to make a backup copy, not run the game from a virtual drive.

3. tdale

tdale Member

Hi Nephilim and Naka
    Ok, Sims 2 cannot be backed up. Its that simple. It will install but not play as it is Safedisk 2 protected, version 3.2 I think.

The easeiodt backup is if you can make the image (2.9Gb) and write that to a DVD, so it can b installed and played as above.

BUT, you cannot write a file of that size as a data file. You will note that if you look at a DVD movie, the max file size is 1 Gb.

So, we simply archive the image. Winrar allows yopu to make a self extracting archive, where you can set the max file size. As the max file size is 30MB, I made my "backup" that way, so there is 101 files of 30Mb each. I simply double click the exe file, tell it what drive to exttract to, and the single file image will be on the hard disk. Moiunt that with DT to install, and to play.

If anyone can make a better and easier version of the "backup" I'd be keen to know

Cheers

Tony

4. naka5hima

naka5hima Member

Hi Nephilim, :)

I have Toshiba CD-RW/DVD-ROM SD-R2212
    Duplicating software :

-Drag'n Drop CD Version 2.10

-and also CD-clone as i attemtped to copy with it, as the previous threads described, but failed in doing so.

I have the [bold]PC CD-Rom Version[/bold] of The sims2 and wish to create a back up copy.

Thank you for help
    Naka

Last edited: Sep 7, 2005
  5. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

The CD ROM version can be backed up but there are only three brand name burners I'm aware of that can make 1:1 copies of Safedisc 3.20.022 and your Toshiba isn't one of them. The best of the bunch is the Plextor Premium (which I use and has never failed me) followed by the Lite On 52327S and the Asus 5232AS.

Given the burner you're using right now you're not going to be able to make a 1:1 copy of the game that functions exactly like the original so you'll need to use some sort of emulation to get the copy to run. In basic terms emulation helps an almost good enough cdopy pass the copy protection verification when you try to run the game.

Thanks to my Plextor Premuium I haven't had to use emulation so I personally have no experience with the ins and outs of it.

Maybe tdale has experience with it and would be kind enough to help?

6. katz_61

katz_61 Member

hi there thanks in advance for any help ok I have 3 iso files for the sims pc game and not sure how to burn them to a disk and then install them to play without the disks any help would be greatly appreciated thanks. katz

7. basspower

basspower Member

hi, i red a lot of threads and i didnt see an answer for my question. i wanna burn Sims 2 DVD on a DVD. I dont want to have an image in my HDD and emulate it 'cause i wanna save space and i dont wanna have a 2.95 go image on my HDD. So, Does someone can explain to me in detail what to download and how to burn it if its possible. I already downloaded CloneCD and enabled HIDE CDR but i dont have ``PROTECTED PC GAMES`` profiles. I dont have any profiles when i wanna burn or write. i have the lastest version. Please someone help me ! Thanks

Last edited: Sep 10, 2005
  8. naka5hima

naka5hima Member

Hi Nephilim, thank you for for help,
    I know im going off subject but you seem have great knowledge of computers.
    I have a problem with another of my computers was wondering if you could help?

I installed a update driver for my graphic card(ATI Rage 180 pro)on my computer operating system Windows XP home edition.
    During the installation the wizard said it could not continue with the installment so i cancelled it, then my computer froze so I CTRL+AL+DEL to the task manager and shut the computer down.

When I re-booted the computer i loaded as normal till the log in stage, i could chosse my user account and log in, but then the computer freezes, and only shows my background wallpaper,this continued as i tried to reboot, i then checked the task manager and noticed that Explorer.exe was not loading in the proccesses? which to my knowledge loads the user operating interface?

I tried to run new task and entered explorer.exe in the create new task field and the computer cannot perform the task and a error windows displays, then the computer reverts to its previous state of being dormant.

I was told by a collegue to insert the XP cdrom and reboot the computer and use the automated problem solving device? but the cdrom did not load>?

I went into the bios (F8) when the computer was booting and selected start in safe mode with command prompt. Then tried loading the XP cd thourgh that which it worked and the menu displayed but when it came to chosing a option and loading a application the computer crashed again. I then tried to revert back to the state of which my computer worked fine but no success..
    It seems my computer cannot run any .EXE applications?

if you or anyone could help i would be most grateful!

Thankyou NAKA

9. mabelle26

mabelle26 Guest

Hi everybody,
    I've got a problem backing up my SIMS2 Holiday Edition.
    I copied all 4 CDs by using Alcohol120% 1.9.5.3105 with
    a Plextor PX712A (CD & DVD burner).
    I installed the game from copies but when I run it I get
    error when I use the copy and runs OK with original Disc 1
    in the drive.
    I did the burning for Disc 1 with original runing at x1 speed.

Please Help,
    Mabelle.

10. mikedpp

mikedpp Member

I did the following as quoted by tdale in 9/2005, but still get an error when try to run the program. Any Ideas?

MIke

"1. Make an image onto your hard disk with Alcohol 120%. That image would write to DVD, but while its a perfect DVD copy, it cannot write the Safedisk sectors as thety are not "PC" format.
    2. Install Daemon Tools. I think 3.47 is the latest version.
    3. After rebooting, set the Daemion Tools Emulation (right click the SYSTRAY icon) to Safedisk.
    4.Mount the image, right click Daemon Tools icon, take the top option, slide toi the drive letter, then the mount option, browsing themn to the image on the hard disk.
    5. The Sims 2 will autostart, and install it. If it dopesnt autostart, go to Windows Explorer, then to the new dvd drive letter, and install.
    6. To run the game, you must have the image mounted, when you do that it shoiuld autostart, if not, run form the Start Menu. "

11. kiss161

kiss161 Guest

you need better discs

12. mikedpp

mikedpp Member

It worked on one PC and not the other. You think the discs would matter?

13. findyfums

findyfums Guest

yomi made the sims 2 for me i installed it and then when i went to play it sed tht i had to re-incert the disc because it had not been reconised.help please

14. bat_man11

bat_man11 Guest

Hey, I've been having major problems with this game. I'm burning it on one computer with CloneCD and then installing it on another computer that does not have CloneCD. Is this a problem? If I make the disc with CloneCd, does the computer need CloneCD to play it? Thanks in advance! BTW, can CloneCD be used for emulation?

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 21, 2006