1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

burning Sims 2

Discussion in 'CD-R' started by rluk23, Sep 17, 2004.

1. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

I can't tell you for sure since both of those depend entirely on your hardware, software and system settings. Give it a try and see what happens :)

2. asdf_jags

asdf_jags Member

Hey guys, I'm havin a hell of a time trying to figure out how to back up the Sims 2. DVD edition. I am using alcohol 120% and DAEMON tools. I used and followed this tutorial http://mehateme.homepage.dk/How_To_install_sims2_crack.txt
    but still got nothinbg, either the sims 2 screen will come up and not do anything or it will say the application has crashed, it will now be terminated. Does anybody have an idea on what to do. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks

3. pollushon

pollushon Regular member

Unfortunately Alcohol doesnt support burning DVD PC games, it only supports virtual drive images on DVD, your better off with Clone CD 5.0.2.2 or Blindwrite 5.2.5 with Blindwrite tweaker.

4. walnutman

walnutman Member

I have had a problem with my backup of the sims... When I try to unrar it I get a message from winrar asking for an encryption password... I have never seen this with any other game, and I cant get anything to work... Please help, thanks!

5. gosa

gosa Member

I'm also having some problems with my burned copy of Sims 2 - I've tried a few of the settings in CloneCD like close/don't close session, emulate/amplify weak sectors and so on.. so far I've had two kinds of results:

Either a start-screen of the game, nothing else for quite a while and then an error message saying that "windows has experienced some kind of trouble with the file sims2.exe" (or something like that translated from swedish - the one where you can report the problem to microsoft if you want)

Or: A message talling me that the cd can't be found

I'm using a Nec ND-1300 for this with 16X reading speed and 10x writing speed and I'm writing on a cd-rw (for money-saving reasons) Should I use cdr instead of the -rw? Lower read/write speeds?

Also - it would be nice to write a cd that doesn't need cloneCD to hide it before running - is this thread telling me that's not possible?

I might add that I think that the reading part worked, since I can play the game mounted with daemon tools..

Inputs anyone?

6. pollushon

pollushon Regular member

You could try lowering your burn speed. More than Likely your burner isnt capable of reproducing Safedisc 3.20.022. Give the Alcohol Trial a go. are you using the same drive to read and write?

7. gosa

gosa Member

I'll try lower speeds and alcohol (what happened to "don't drink and drive"?) *lol*

[bold]Quote:
    are you using the same drive to read and write?[/bold]

-yes.

Last edited: Oct 8, 2004
  8. pollushon

pollushon Regular member

If you drink and drive your a bloody idiot, you might spill your drink.*LOL* If you have a DVD-ROM use that to read, might helpas well, this is how I have sucessfully imaged S/D 3.20.022.(but its still dependant on your burner) You could try the EFM test on your burner (google it) to see if your wasting your time or not.

9. gosa

gosa Member

Thanks!
    -I'll try that..

10. Nephilim

11. pretzal

pretzal Member

Hi there everyone!
    After reading this entire thread about everyones problems, many similar to mine, i have become even more confused haha
    I know many of you have somewhat answered the following questions, but just to make my situation as clear as possible ill ask again

OK....so ive made a backup of the sims 2 using clone cd version 5.0.2.2, now i get the classic problem of "insert the correct CD-ROM" when i try to play the game

Now, i followed the many instructions i was given...
    but i did encounter a few difficulties on the way
    When i was "reading to image" ther were no bunch of profiles, there was only one profile, which was DVD.
    Continuing on i could not set the read speed to 4X, there was nowhere for me to select it, it straight away went to burn...looked everywhere cant find this option.

When i went to burn the image, again there was only one profile "DVD" so i couldnt select the Protected Cd thing to do this :"emulating weak sectors"
    This time i did have the option to select the speed, which i chose as 1x as recomended...

I then i made sure that i selected the "Hide CDR media"
    After all of this i still had the same problemo after installing. The "insert correct CDROM" I even uninstalled clone so see what happened, still same result.

I attempted to use Alcohol, but it wouldnt create an image cause it couldnt read the Sims 2.dvd file.

I have a Lite-On DVD burner which i used to burn my cd, as well as attepmting to play the game(i only have one cd drive)

Ive used the virtual clone cd drive, but that didnt make any difference to what happened at all

It would be GREATLY aprectiated if someone was kind enough to give thier expert advice, but if u cant help that ok...i wont hate you :)

..and thanks heaps for ur patience to read this very long post

12. sweetbix

sweetbix Guest

13. adw

adw Guest

burning with alcohol 120% what am i suppose to set the settings to on the page with image header and image trailer, need help with this page altogether .what im trying to do is burn a game 2.8 gig in size and a mdf file on to a disk when i get to the burn page it says its waiting for the disk .anyone ?

14. pollushon

pollushon Regular member

Alcohol doesnt support burning to DVD as yet, you'll only be able to play from a Virtual Drive.

15. Nephilim

@adw

Either BlindWrite or DiscJuggler would be worth a shot for burning an ISO to DVD :)

16. wiki_riki

wiki_riki Member

S.O.S!! hello. Being only 14 years of age, i am not sure about the WORLD OF CLONING CDS!! I downloaded the sims multilaguange clone cd torrent on ABC and was disappointed to only find files which had no meaning to me. i have Clone cd 5.0 but are not sure what to do with the 2 things. PLZ can someone give me a detailed despripction (realising that im only 14) of what to do step by step...

Thankyou, any help is much appreciated. CHEERS

17. Shoey

Shoey Guest

CloneCD not capable of Alcohol 120% performance until 5.0 Beta? My Plex Premium easily defeated Safedisc 3.x using CloneCD 4.x versions! My backups of The Sims 2 and Madden NFL 2005 with my Litey DVD 411S play just fine using the latest CloneCD 5.x with "hide cd=r" enabled :)A little history lesson about CloneCD. CloneCD was the 1st program to allow RAO DAO 96\16 write mode, obviously hardware dependent if that burner was or is capable of RAO DAO 96\16 sub-q write mode. I can play my Starforce backups using emulation to m8 :)

18. xrayv

xrayv Member

I am new here and I have a question. I purchaced Colin McRae Rally 2005 a while ago and I tried to make a backup in vain. A-ray scanner reports that the dvd protection is starforce. I made a 1-1 copy (with blindwrite 5 (automatic profile) and I mounted the resulting image with Daemon Tools. When I ran the game it started checking the dvd image but stopped after 1 minute to tell me that the game cd-key didn't correspond with the dvd inserted. The key is from the original (I repeat it) game. What should I do? The game dvd has started showing many scratches...

19. Nephilim

I don't personally know of a way to get around StarForce - it's one of, if not the, toughest protection out there.

Maybe Shoey can give us some insight :)

20. camstuf

camstuf Guest

HOORAY!!! I AM FINALLY PLAYING SIMS 2.
    Ok, I finally got this damn Sims 2 game to work.
    Burned on my pc with alcohol 120% at 4x & safe disc 2/3 protections.
    Installed 4 cd’s on my laptop {no alcohol installed}, then exit do not launch!!! no instuctions for cracks allowed
    Play, play, and play!!!

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 17, 2004