1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Burning software, and blank media. Whats good ? What sux ?

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by dvd_tim, Jan 4, 2005.

1. dvd_tim

dvd_tim Member

I have been burning dvd's for over 2 years now, I have almost every burning software i know of, including but not limited to.... 1 click dvd copy, clone dvd, clone studio, dvd cloner, dvd dycrypter, dvdfab, dvd recode, dvd shrink dvd shrinker, dvd to dvd copy, x copy, easy dvd copy, perfect dvd copy, dvd remake.
    Its hard to say which is best, i guess it depends on what your doing, but for me nothing beats shrink. shrink does everything i need and more.
    But my problem is finding reliable media. I use printable dvd+r's. I started with memorex, they worked great for the longest time, but lately i have been burning alot of coasters, i did some research and discovered i don't know jack about good media, i have a dru-710a , a dru-510a, and memorex dl dual format drives. in alot of forums i hear alot of talk about ty's. I have never tried them but maybe i should.
    does anyone have any good suggestions as to printable dvd+r media, and maybe some links of places to purchase ?

2. wensteph

wensteph Member

I burn -R because of some of the players I have, but I've not had any coasters using branded Ritek or TY. Of the two I think I prefer TY mainly because I've noticed some blems in the dye on the Ritek's, but the TY's are flawless. Since I've not had any coasters the blems must be cosmetic. Try meritline.com, newegg.com or supermediastore.com to buy.

3. steimy

steimy Active member

I have the DRU700A and only use Phillips DVD-R 8X discs, they work great for games and movies with the Sony burners. They do cost a bit more than others, but since they always work for me i don't waste any and save in the long run. Even if i don't save in the long run i like the high success rate of them. I tried burning games to others like Memorex, TDK, and Maxell but rarly had success, they worked most of the time for movies for some reason, but never for games.

4. squizzle

squizzle Active member

I use Ritek G04 -R's and the last time I got 'em was from shop4tech.com for like 35 cents apiece. They said they were gonna send me a free 5-pack of some other DVD-R's that I never got, and when I emailed them about it they never got back to me. So in conclusion, price was good, service sucks, make your own decision.

5. dlc2000

dlc2000 Regular member

i just got my first 50 pack of ty's on tuesday to see how they are for myself . i always used verbatim , sony and fuji films until now . these ty's seem to be great . no trouble with them so far . i normally stick with what works but i couldnt resist giving these a try after hearing so much about them .