1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Burning Software and Recoding

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by jailin, Mar 15, 2005.

1. jailin

jailin Member

What is a good burning software for DVD-R movies? I currently have Nero 6, but when I attempt to watch movies some portions are skipped.

Also what is the purpose of "recoding" movies?

2. baabaa

baabaa Active member

Do you mean skipped, or do you mean it skips, jumps, freezes etc?

This is usually down to bad media, even though it has burned successfully, it maybe that the burn has been a little quick or more than likely the quality of the media used is of low standard.

Personally I do not like Nero, due to bad experiences with it in the early dvd days version 5 and have never really used it since.

But I am not saying Nero is crap or anything because I know alot of people who use it to some good success.
    And because I have never tried Nero 6 then I cannot justify any comments about it.
    I use Recordnow Deluxe suite made (now) by sonic.
    You will find it here http://www.sonic.com

It does not come with all the bells and whistles like Nero, but as a straight forward burning program for dvd/cd video, data, pictures, music etc then I give it the thumbs up, and also there doesn't seem to be the regular 'bug fixes' that nero provides......

By Recoding, are talking about re-encoding or the Nero program recode.

Either way I think they pertain to the same thing where they would re structure the video into the correct formats whether they be for vcd/svcd or dvd correct data structure/resolutions bitrates MPEG1/MPEG2 etc

This is mainly for 'making a movie' fit onto a dvd, or even designing your own made up of several movie clips/home movies etc, basically to become a producer/editor of your movies etc.

I maybe a little off the mark, but hopefully someone more familiar with Nero 6 may jump in here and give you some additional advice.

Hope this helps...............

Last edited: Mar 15, 2005
  3. herbsman

herbsman Moderator Staff Member

IT'S NOTHING TO DO WITH NERO MAKING THE DISCS JUMP (and you know that Paul) !!!

Use decent blank media jailin , that's all the problem will be [unless you have a very cheap/inferior dvd player , but is nearly 'always' because of the media].

I've been using Nero since day one (some many moons ago - 4+ yrs at least ... doesn't give me any problems)

If you need to know what is suggested as 'decent media' , check DVD Media forum :)

4. herbsman

P.S. I forgot to mention , I don't ever use Nero for encoding (there are lot better encoders out there)

5. tjazz

tjazz Guest

Hey Herbsman,

What Encoder would you recommend using? If not Nero?

6. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

I would recommend CinemaCraftEncoder.. Or DVD Copy3, but thats just me :)

7. herbsman

Yes definitely CinemaCraftEncoder (CCE) , if possible the CCE SP version .. but thats costs quite a bit so the basic one will suffice.
    It's widely known to be literally one of the best [if not the best] :c)

8. baabaa

baabaa Active member

Hee hee.............

How are u herby baby?

Yep exactly right, I wasn't trying to say Nero was causing it, but the media that was used, should make my statemnets a little clearer in future..lol

And yes you are correct and I do know this...lol

9. herbsman

hehehe

Hey BaaBaa ... how's tricks ? [see ya posted to F1 shiz bro , nice first race of the season for sure].

I just had to make sure I'd stated about Nero not being the burning problem & it'd be the media also ... as I wouldn't have bothered to reply to this thread any longer if the advice of getting Sonic RecordNow was installed by the user [who then would say ''why are my discs still jumping/freezing'' ... if ya know what I mean] :)

10. baabaa

baabaa Active member

LOL.................

Things are going well, very busy and thats just how I like it.....

Yes, the actual amount of people using Recordnow has somewhat depleted.
    I think it is due to the fact that Nero are bundling more with the majority of burners on the market today, and also Nero is more of a generically known burning software when it comes to talking about software.
    And also it does mean that alot of the Nero 5 earlier problems have been well ironed out and proving to be a good success.

I actually just bought another burner for my server, a cheapy optorite and have Nero 6 with that, and I shall be having a play around with that soon.

Who knows, I may even be recommending Nero in the near future........nah, I will always adhere with recordnow, but if Nero works well then I can multitask......lol

Yeah, F1 started up again, very interesting this year I expect, go Ferrari - but more about that in the safety...................

People, join me in the support of Recordnow, not enough of us at the moment, you will not be disappointed........it has baabaa's endorsement....LOL

Catch you later