1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

burning speed with decrypter got slower

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by sevenno, Jan 9, 2005.

1. sevenno

sevenno Guest

I have been using the great combo of shrink and decrypter with no problems, until just recently. The new problem is when I am burning with decrypter. Before, burn time was anywhere from 13mins-20mins, max. The time remaining would show those time limits. Now the indicator stays stuck at 1 hr and some minutes and it really burns and takes that long.I haven't done anything new to the computer, only thing I can remember doing was defragging. How can I get my burn time back to speed?

thanx,

Arsenio

2. J_man

J_man Regular member

When you first open decrepter what is the write speed set at in the bottom right.
    Try resetting decrypter to its default settings.
    Click tools, settings and then defualts in the bottom left corner.

3. sevenno

sevenno Guest

When first open decrypter, the general tab is opened. I don't see where I can choose "the write" speed anywhere on the bottom right hand corner.

4. J_man

J_man Regular member

you already have the tools tab opened and you are in the settings. click cancel on the bottom right. this should bring you back to the proper screen. now look at the bottom towards the right ans you should see the write speed settings box.

5. sevenno

sevenno Guest

Jman,

I found the write speed, but that didn't help. I noticed too, I forgot to mention, that previously when I used the combo, when I went to find the file to burn, there were two "files" with the same name. Now when I go to burn with decrypter, there is only one file. Upon trying to burn again, I was confronted with this message error:
    Device IoControl (FSCTL_Lock_Volume) failed!
    Device [1:0:0] DVRW IDE 1008 (F:) (ATA) unable to lock volume for exclusive access. Reason: Incorrect Function. Now I know there is a choice to undue the lock volume in decrypter, but I never had to do that before. Help! :(

6. J_man

J_man Regular member

I have Shrink set to only write one ISO file.
    Once you click back up in shrink you will get a pop a window.
    Select Backup Target:
    ISO Image File
    Select Target Image File:
    Example-- C:\DVDtemp\(name of dvd)
    As for the volume lock up,I have not come accross that error yet so it's hard to advise you on that one.
    Try re-setting to the default settings.

7. sevenno

sevenno Guest

I'll give it a try tonight.

8. motoxthor

motoxthor Guest

well did you download the latest version of dvd decryptr? i did, and ive noticed it has been slower too, im thinking cuz its more precise in writing..?? i dont know, as long as it gets the job done im ok with it lol

9. freedom2

freedom2 Regular member

i'm using the latest ver of dvddecypter,and (Shrink) it has slowed down some (not a whole bunch).....that is to be exspected of course....they have put much more JUNK and PROTECTION on these new movie's, to try
    and stop the backup of them.

i don't see a big problem with this for what we are
    getting out of it, it's just going to get harder and harder to backup over time.

just like the new movie "Little Black Book" when i used DVDDecypter in File mode to look at it, it had 64 files total,the actuall movie it's self was only 8 files.

the movie "Paparazzi" had 29 files to start with and ended up 8 files movie only aswell.

thats a lot of junk compared to the basic of about 5 to 15 files , before. i see no big problem with
    DVDDecypter slowing down a little, for what we get out of it....

what i had to do was, using DVDDecypter and DVDShrink............for little black book

1. use DVDDecypter in F mode to hard drive first
    2. then open up DVDShrink and save movie only
    (as i always do anyway.)
    3. open DVDDecypter in ISO/Write Mode to disk.
    worked like a charm
    4.ended up with a total of 8 files for movie only.

(extra note DVDShrink would not open "Disk" at all with "Little BLACK BOOK" first) as i would
    normally use DVDShrink the DVDDecypter in that
    order

my 2 cents
    freedom................ good day all

Last edited: Jan 11, 2005
  10. iracekx

iracekx Member

I too am having the same problem. Movies went from taking 14 minutes to over an hour. These are old movies also nothing new with encyrtption. Any should the movie not be done with all those process after going through DVD shink. I tried upgrading to the new version of decrypyter and that did not help. I have set my write speed to max it was already there. My brother is running the same setup as me and he has never encountered this error. He had a problem taken longer to read this happened after he got three errors to to read the new encrypted movies LBB and RE2 he had to do a couple of things to get it back to running right. Again he never had a problem with burning speeds slowing down drasticlly. It is driving me crazy limits my time on my computer can anyone help with this issue. I have upgraded to newest decyrpter 3.5.2.0 and that did not fix it. Please help Scuba Pete can you help.

11. gordon4

gordon4 Guest

i too had the same problem thought it was my dvd burning burnt out again through over use but it seemed to go wrong when i searched for spyware using spysweeper and deleted aload of files wasnt sure about never am really then i got problems maybe coincidental but who knows. so before taking it back for a replacment dvd burner i restored the computer to factory default and voila back to usual 14 mins for a dvd bit drastic i know but it worked.

12. iracekx

iracekx Member

I wrote zero's to my hard drive added me another hard drive for storage and now I am back in business.