1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Burning Speeds

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by Ustop, Feb 3, 2007.

1. Ustop

Ustop Regular member

Okay. I don't know how to make this simple. I use dvd decrypter to burn everything. I should add that i'm not a newbie. With the help from all of u from this site I have been makin great copies of movies 4 2 plus years now. I got a new burner so I could pass on my old 1 2 sumone else. I have used maxell 4 sum time and have been happy. I recently purchased a batch of sony's, which dvd identifier has as class 1. Thing is, I know about burnin at 4x, that is fine with me, but even with old burner, on occasion, and now with new burner, samsung, the speed fluxuates durin burning. Using 16x and setting max at 8x it goes up to 8 and slows down to 4 and.. well its just all over the place. Basically, it never burns at 1 speed. Is this normal, or is my burner, media, both. The results have not been a problem, but will they be? What I'm asking is, will the fluxation of speeds during burning effect movie over time. Hope that makes sense. Thanx.

2. IHoe

IHoe Senior member

the fluctuation's of burning speed during burning is normal! A burner builds speed up and goes to maximum as set and then might go down and fluctuate during the burning process. this is normal and won't effect your viewing. Unless the burn process failed! but if the burning was successful then you have a DVD that should last you!