1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Burning successfully completed - but not playing on dvd recorder? pls HELP

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by DeafTimmy, Aug 2, 2007.

1. DeafTimmy

DeafTimmy Member

Hi,

After installing up to date version of Nero 6 as recommended by member here. I am happy to say it works after having trouble burning disc before(used to say disc is full).

Now I am having another problem, after successfully completed burning disc with Nero - I am not able to play movie on my DVD player. When I put it on my computer DVD drive, it doesn't come up with anything in explorer (title of movie). However if I go to powerplay and press play - it works.

I was wondering what the problem here is? The disc I burned was Verbatim DVD+R. Will this mean I have to booktype it? What do I need to do? I have spent most of the day reading everything in forum and internet about booktyping ..... and have tried booktyping it to change to DVD-ROM using softwares such as DVD Decrypter, Nero, DVDBitsetting ... no luck as it won't allow me.
    Anyone have any idea to help me here?
    Thanks

2. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

What is the make and model of your DVD burner?

Not all burners will booktype. Also have you tried your DVD in other players just be sure it is a good copy? I have a few suggestions for you to try.

1. Try the disk in other DVD players (friends, family's etc..)
    2. If the disk plays in other stand alone DVD players then you will need to either booktype the disk whis Nero will do automatically assuming your drive supports this.
    3. Try different blank DVD's like some DVD-R.

What is the brand and model of your stand alone player?

3. DeafTimmy

DeafTimmy Member

Thanks bbmayo! :)

Is there a reason why I am not seeing title of movie in explorer? When I click on DVD drive in explorer, its blank but if I open powerplay and press play - it somehow works ....

Make and model of burner: BENQ Joybook R53 laptop, MATSHITA DVD-RAM UJ-840S

Brand and model of stand alone dvd player: Sony DVP-NS730P (Playable Formats: CD-R, CD-RW, DVD+R, DVD+RW, DVD-R, DVD-RAM, DVD-RW, SACD, S-VCD, VCD)

Disc identifier for 'VERBATIM 'Advanced Azo' 16x DVD+R says:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Unique Disc Identifier : [DVD+R:MCC-004-000]
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Disc & Book Type : [DVD+R] - [DVD+R]
    Manufacturer Name : [Mitsubishi Chemical Corp.]
    Manufacturer ID : [MCC]
    Media Type ID : [004]
    Product Revision : [Not Specified]
    Blank Disc Capacity : [2,295,104 Sectors = 4.70 GB (4.38 GiB)]
    Recording Speeds : [1x-2.4x , 4x , 6x-8x , 6x-16x]

Hope this is all the information you need to work out what might be the problem.

I will try play DVD in family DVD player tonight. I must mention that two weeks ago when I was practising burning DVD, it worked on DVD player using DVD-R friend gave me to test (limiations - not good media)

4. Escobar22

Escobar22 Member

So, how do you make Nero "booktype" the disc?