1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Burning SVCD but nothing on disc!

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by reaperjim, Nov 1, 2004.

1. reaperjim

reaperjim Member

I am using a Lite-On 4816 to burn an SVCD image to a Melody CD-RW Disc using Nero 6. All seemed ok, but when finished the disc was still blank. I tried again and looked at the interface on Nero, but it did not say "Image Loading Complete", like it usually does. Could there be something wrong with the cue sheet, or with my hardware? Any ideas?

2. aldaco12

aldaco12 Active member

Well, since it was simply a BIN/CUE Nero did nothing wrong. Maybe it's a fault of your DVD player (not all DVD players read all SVCDs).
    Just to be sure, you might scan the image for corruption with CDMage. But if it's a problem of the DVD player, the only thing you can to is:
    1) extract the movie, AVSEQ01.MPG, from the SVCD (or the 'mounted' image); it will be located in the D:\MPEG2 directory of the SVCD (or the E:\MPEG2 directory of the 'mounted' image)
    2) use VCDGear converting 'mpeg --> mpeg' converting te 'ripped file' to a 'true mpeg'
    3) transform the MPEG-2 into a MPEG-1 using TMPGenc+the M2V plugin (look at its 'sticky' thread)
    4) make, with the usual VCDGear (NOT with Nero), a brand new bin/cue VCD image with the just created MPEG-1 movie.
    5) burn the .bin/.cue set into a brand CD making a brand new VCD, with the application you like most (Nero, CDRWin, Alcohol 120%...).

3. reaperjim

reaperjim Member

I changed CD brands and it worked. Put simply, Melody CD's suck with a Lite-On 4816 (under Windows SP2 and Nero 6). If you have this config, dont bother.

4. aldaco12

aldaco12 Active member

As usual, the correct solution is the simplest one. Well, I'm happy for you!