1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

burning svcd

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by shag, Nov 10, 2003.

1. shag

shag Guest

once I have converted my file to svcd it is too large to fit on one cd how do I split the file into usable sizes in order to fit on to 700 mb disks
    Also I don't see the movie in the window when I clip it to fit the disk using tmpgenc any ideas.thanks

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 12, 2003
  2. Minion

Minion Senior member

Well You should Know that you can get aprox 800mb on a 700mb CD-R in SVCD Format, and if you used tmpgenc to encode your Files then you can use Tmpgenc to cut the files into Parts, You Just run Tmpgenc and go to "File" to "Mpeg Tools" to "Merge & Cut" and Load you file in and Edit it, Just Make sure you choose "Super-Video-CD" from the Dropdown Menu and NOT "Mpeg2" or the Resulting File will not be SVCD Compliant...Cheers

3. dbecker

dbecker Regular member

you should really split the file at the time of encoding. Go here http//entiendo.gotnet.net to see how it should be done

4. shag

shag Guest

thanks guys

5. shag

shag Guest

FURTHER TO MY FIRST QUESTION WHEN I DROP IN MY FILE TO TMPGENC AND BATCH ENCODE IT TO SIZE I DON'T SEE ANY MOVIE IN THE PREVIEW SCREEN, ANY IDEAS
    THANKS

6. gsuscrazy

gsuscrazy Regular member

lol....enable preview....?

7. Minion

Minion Senior member

The Preview should be enabled by default, so if you didn"t turn it off then it is Probably on and you aren"t seeing the Preview for some other reason...Most of the time this Problem can be fixed by going to "options" to "enviromental settings" to "Vfapi Plugins" and raise the "Direct show File Reader" to "2".....Cheers