1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

burning svcd's with Nero

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by kurse888, Nov 11, 2002.

1. kurse888

kurse888 Guest

I just started using Nero and when I'm trying to burn Mpg files that are around 790MB as SVCD's the process starts but at the very end fails and the Cd isn't even written to. I assume the file isn't fitting on the CD but I know that it can b/c other people are burning the same file as SVCD. Do you think my cd burner is to old? I'm using a HP 8100 series that burns at 4x. I'd appreciate any help on the matter. Thanks.

2. wonderboy

wonderboy Guest

does nero show that your cd burner in the recoder option...? it sounds like istead of burning your cd , nero is creating an image file ....?

3. kurse888

kurse888 Guest

Yes it shows my cd recorder and it isn't creating an image file. I can burn image files fine also 75+ minute svcd burn fine but when I try ones that are 79 minutes long that is when the process fails. I know that it is possible to burn the SVCD b/c others are doing it.

4. Dela

Dela Administrator Staff Member

SVCD is relitivelt new but that shouldn't be any problem with your burner. What i would blame is the mpg file itself. Did you encode it yourself? Nero can make big mistakes with movies containing over/under flows. If so then you should see the minute count wrong.

Also, when you are making svcd with nero, d'you use the vcd compilation from the nero wizard. Probably a stupid question but you would be surprised if you saw the amount of people who do it!.

5. kurse888

kurse888 Guest

I'm not using the wizard vcd option. I'm turning wizard off and selecting the super video cd icon. I didn't make the mpg file myself. A group called SD-6 makes the encodes. Thanks.

6. Dela

Dela Administrator Staff Member

I reckon the problem lies in the .mpg file cause most burnin errors in svcd are caused by it.