1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Burning time with Nero

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by ringo711, Oct 27, 2007.

1. ringo711

ringo711 Member

I have been trying to get answers for some time on this, and so farno one has been able to help, and i can't afford to go to the shop with it.
    I put a new DVD writer on this a PC, but when i tried to burn a film to a DVD it was taking over 12 hours, and in fact timed out. I teied Nero 7 which cut the time down to about 7 hours, but then would not play more than 10 minutes, however the film did copy but only played on fast speed on the DVD player.
    So I'm back with Nero 6 which works fine on my other PC, never had a problem with it.
    So i tried to burn the film to a folder, and it still took just as long.
    I've checked the DMA that OK.
    The Pc is old and runing Windows XP, and runs fine, really need help on this ASAP PLEASE

2. olyteddy

olyteddy Regular member

Sounds like Nero is trying to re-encode the disk. What is your source video? If it's a DVD you own, you don't need to use Nero. You can use ImgBurn. If the source is AVI or MP4 or anything other than a DVD than there are many better programs than Nero ReCode to get it done.

3. ringo711

ringo711 Member

It's for downloaded films, what other program whould you suggest, shrink does not work on the films

4. ringo711

ringo711 Member

None of the above helped, but it was Nero that was the problem, this site not so helpful these days, thanks anyway