1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Burning to double sided dvd-r's ????????

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by Bofrag, Dec 16, 2003.

1. Bofrag

Bofrag Member

I recently got some dbl sided dvd-r's off ebay ( http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...4&ed=1070944472000&ssPageName=ADME:B:EOT:US:3 ) and burned a few back ups to test out the dvd-r's. I found that i have to burn them at 2x with my Plextor PX-708A and i use nero 6. They work fine on a ps2 or the dvd burner to watch the movie, but they don't work on anyother dvd player. Trust me i have tried like 4 or 5 dvd players. Do they just not work or is there some way i can burn them too work. I burner them just like i burn my normal back ups that usually work. I just want these dbl sided dvd's to work. thx

2. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

Bear in mind that double sided discs are really no different to that of the single sided princos. Due to their bulkiness they have tended to be more problemtaic on play back. Try checking your DVD player at www.dvdrhelp.com/dvdplayers.php

3. Bofrag

Bofrag Member

Ya but i have tried them on 4 or 5 dvd players. Its crap that they dont work. They basically only work on PS2's and dvd roms. Sucks i have them for no reason. I wish there was a different way to burn them and they would work. Screw those princos dvds they all suck.

4. pbailey

pbailey Regular member

What a sordid complicated the world of dvd media is, my Dad has a dru-510, and i'm getting the pioneer 106 oem on saturday. I had never heard of princo brand before, but it keeps popping up everywhere. A forum i found where the people only seem to own pioneer 106's (the forum where that crazy Nil guy does that awesome shit with the pioneer firmware) i read more than a few posts saying how much the pioneer dvd burner likes princo's, but it's the player you're trying to play it in that matters...

But this thread is confirmation. By the way, the cheapest brand i can find in Australia at the moment has laser dvd+r's for $32 for a tub of 25. For 50 it works out to be $3 cheaper than the princo's.

Bought 2, tubs, opened the first tub and not one will burn, none will close off and none will be read in my brand new LG dvd player. Opened the second tub and every disc works fine at the rated 4x speed. Why is it that the bulk packs seem to have more errors?

BAiley

5. malum

malum Regular member

They are cheap for a reason.

6. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

They sure are. The reason is so that they can compete with people who are selling the wooden tea coasters.

7. herbsman

herbsman Moderator Staff Member

pbailey:
    My sister/bro in law's LG DVD Player only likes -R discs & the back up HAS to have a menu structure before copies/back ups play.
    Princo are SH1TE !!
    Trust Grade 'A' Media like [bold]Ritek G04 [/bold]discs.

8. pbailey

pbailey Regular member

[bold]herbsman[/bold] hook us up, bud. :)

I've been burning cds for a while, and dvd's only for a short time, but i've never heard of Ritek until i came to this site.

Do they sell Ritek in Australia?

Bailey

9. herbsman

herbsman Moderator Staff Member

10. pbailey

pbailey Regular member

Ridata, cool i'll keep an eye out, cheers.

Bailey