1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Burning to dual layer discs.

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by Slim_Line, Mar 28, 2005.

1. Slim_Line

Slim_Line Member

Hey, I am new here, and have a good issue to discuss. I just went out today and spent 25 dollars on three pack of dual layer 2.4x memorex dvd+r DL discs. I am trying to back up my rallisport challenge 2 game as the disc is beginning to show signs of wear. I ftp'd my box, copied the files to my pc and made an iso using qwix. Everything went fine. I then burnt the image in my LG dl burner at 2.4X (6.xx gigs) to disc using dvd decrypter. When i insert the disc in my box and try to play it, it reads unknown on my Evox dashboard. Does anyone know if it is possible to burn DL discs, and if so, how. I hope i didnt just waste my money. My box has a samsung drive. Is it the possibility it is a +r dl disc? I dont think you can get -r dl discs. I really need to back this up or else im out even more money buying the game again. Any help would be appreciated.

Rob

2. Twinski

Twinski Regular member

Well first off it should play on your sammy drive, and if it doesn't it might be a burn defect, your sammy doesn't want to read it, or who knows what. So you might be stuck here. Have you tried reburning it? did you finalize the disc? more feed back and i might be able to help more.

3. ozy

ozy Regular member

4. Slim_Line

Slim_Line Member

Hey, no I have not tried reburning yet. Im afraid of killing another disc. I have craztion, although I have never used it, I found qwix easier. I burnt the image with decrypter, I am not sure if that finalized it, it always worked before. I have nero, if i know the settings i can try burning through that. I am tempted to hook up my pc dvd drive to my xbox and seeing if it will read it.

5. ozy

ozy Regular member

The only other option is to buy some dual layer RW disks. That way you don't have to worry about wastage.

6. Slim_Line

Slim_Line Member

I didnt even know I could get dual layer RW's. When I get time ill hook up the pc drive to the box and see if that is the problem. If so, ill upgrade this summer to a new drive. Just wont be able to play rallisport till then. The original is starting to get spider web cracks from the center of the disk...:(

7. Bohefus

Bohefus Regular member

I've been getting name brand 8X single layer dvd's 19.99
    for a 50 pack. DL is just too expensive to experiment with. Every dvd player should be able to read a DL disc but DL burning is new and there's bound to be problems.
    If your planning on backing up alot of large xbox games, you may want to just install a larger HD and load them on that.