1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Burning too close to disc edge?

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by MicheleL, Nov 8, 2004.

1. MicheleL

MicheleL Member

I read here somewhere that burning too close to the disc edge can cause playback problems. I've been searching for the thread for the past hour and can't find it. So... can someone tell me what the recommended compression setting is, please? I tried to burn it at 4,000 MB, but now the DVD player isn't even recognizing the disc, never mind freezing up at the end. For the record, I'm stuck with a 100 spindle of Memorex coasters (excuse me... I mean DVDs) and I realize that the consistency of these things suck. I sometimes have to burn the same movie 3 or 4 times before I get a good disc, but this is the first time my player failed to open the DVD at all. I'm rambling now... Anyways, my question is: What is the recommended compression setting (in MB) so that Shrink doesn't burn too close to the disc edge? Thanks!

2. MicheleL

MicheleL Member

Oops... before anyone jumps on my typo... I realize that Shrink doesn't burn, NERO does. Hopefully, you know what I meant, though, ;o)

3. marengo

marengo Guest

I use the dvd shrink/decrypter combo and have the setting at 4,260 MB. This will leave a little space on the edge of the disc. Before you go any further, you might want to try different media. Memorex media is usually the source of many people's problems. i use either Ritek or Verbatim DVD-R's. I havent had any problems with either of these brands.