1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Burning tv show to dvd

Discussion in 'Convert DVD to another format' started by daisy0708, Jul 28, 2007.

1. daisy0708

daisy0708 Guest

Hello,
    I have a question I am hoping someone can answer. I have downloaded 19 episodes of a television show, and I would now like to burn them to dvd. I was wondering if there is a special way of burning more than three episodes a disc? I am hoping someone can suggest some type of software I can use to do this. Only because if I burn three at a time I will be using 7 blank dvds, which is a lot!! Any help???

Thanks

2. binkie7

binkie7 Moderator Staff Member

Hi daisy0708

Which program are you using now? How big are the episodes - like 180 mb.
    The more you try and add though the quality can decrease.

3. martybe

martybe Member

hi can some one help me pls i have some old video fotage on my computer and i was wonderin how to burn it on to a dvd -rw i have the nero program but i have no idea how to copy to the disc so if anyone could help that would be great thank you

4. binkie7

Hi martybe
    What format are these video files in like .vob, .avi etc.
    I thinking depending on the format you can use either Recode or Vision.

5. daisy0708

daisy0708 Guest

Hey Binkie7,
    I am useing Nero 7 Ultra edition. Each episode is 349MB. I was wondering would it be best if I convert the AVI files to KVCD? From what I remember KVCD is much smaller. Tell me what you think.

Thanks!!

6. martybe

martybe Member

hi i honestly dont no wat format they are how do i find out

7. binkie7

@daisy0708
    If your dvd player supports DivX that would be the easiest and best way to burn a bunch of episodes on 1 dvd. You would burn as a data disc but you won't have a menu.

If you're player doesn't support DivX then in Vision click on 'more' then 'Video Options' then in the DVD-Video tab. Under quality settings change to extended long play or super long play. The quality may be lower though.

@martybe
    Are they in a video_ts folder? If not look at the file and you should see an extension next to the name - like mydvd.avi - avi would be the format.
    Is the video footage from a dvd, a download a video camera - that can help figure out the file format also.

8. c1c

c1c Regular member

I have been in this situation before and found the best solution. First off get VSO ConvertXtoDVD software. This will allow you to add all of your episodes to one DVD including a nice menu for episode selection. For 19 episeodes I would suggest 2 DVDs for better quality. You can even add a background image to the menu. Software is easy to use and excellent for the price.