1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Burning VCD files to CD_W. Urgent help please!

Discussion in 'Other video questions' started by srckaimal, Jan 31, 2008.

1. srckaimal

srckaimal Member

I have Wxp+SP2 and use Total Video converter to create VCD files for burning into CDs.I am using the Total Video Converter burning tool itself and everything is fine when I burn the files to a CD-RW.I can play it in my stand alone player.But when I do the same thing on a CD-W,the player says "No Disk"!I have tried to lower the speed to 4x but it does not help.I have already wasted quite a few CDs.
    Can any one please help me on this?

2. varnull

varnull Guest

If you are burning exactly the same way then the solution is obvious.. your played doesn't support cd-r, or maybe just the brand you are using..

Philips players are well known to only support cd-rw

3. srckaimal

srckaimal Member

No,that is not the problem.This occurs only with large files up to 500mb-vcd.Smaller vcd files are being supported by the player.I can also play MP3 files of size up to 700 mb in CD-R in the player.

4. varnull

varnull Guest

Don't know then.. vcd is obsolete. So it is only some conversions.. and they work on rw not cd-r?? Are you finalizing them?

Just a thought added.. have you tried making svcd as well?

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 31, 2008
  5. srckaimal

srckaimal Member

Thanks for the reply.I download .flv files and then make vcd out of them to burn and watch on the TV screen.For conversion I usually use either IVC or TVC and then burn using TVC burner.For small files it is OK-say upto 50mb.The player supports it.But I am frustrated with files of 500 mb or more which I get from yogatoday.com.The Nero Express I have also does not help.So I tried the VCDEasy to make cue/bin and then burned them using burnatonce.It is again the same story.I can watch it if burnt on a CD-RW.
    VCDs are extensively used in India even now.I also want to solve this problem as it has become a real challenge.
    If you have any suggestions please let me know.