1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Burning VCD With Bad Resolution

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by seahawks, Feb 15, 2004.

1. seahawks

seahawks Member

The resolution of a movie I want to burn is only 352x240. Im afraid it'll look too stretched out on my DVD player so is there a way to make it bigger? The file is approximately 210 MB, that like that'll help. But meh. Im using Nero >.> so thnx.

2. Minion

Minion Senior member

That is the Correct Resolution for VCD so I don"t see what the Problem is??? If the Source AVI file is a Widescreen Movie and you are Afraid that when Nero encodes it to VCD the Picture will Be stretched Verticaly then the Thing to do is to NOT USE NERO...I don"t Know How many time Have have told poeple this but they usually find out for them selves Pretty Quick which is that Nero Is the Worst Program for Encodeing AVI files to VCD/SVCD/DVD ever Created and your Problem is Just one of Many Problems that the Nero encoder has...You should Use a Real encoder to Convert the AVI file to Mpeg1/VCD ,Something Like Tmpgenc in which has settings so that you can keep the VCD Resolution but still be able to have the Image Look the Same way in the Screen...If you post the Resolution of your AVI file then I can tell you How to set up Tmpgenc to encode the AVI file so that it isn"t all Stretched from top to Bottom and then you Can use Nero to Just Burn the Mpeg1 file to VCD without re-encodeing...Cheers

3. seahawks

seahawks Member

I did. It was 352x240. And thanks. ^_^