1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

burning vcd with nero,audio is off slightly

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by kingjames, Sep 6, 2004.

1. kingjames

kingjames Guest

Hello.I posted a question a few weeks ago,but i put it in the wrong category.Thanks to all for the help.As I said last time I am new at this.(Although I've been glued to my comp for 4 weeks now trying to do this.)I am trying to burn a VCD with nero.I like using nero because it is user friendly.Someone suggested TMPGEnc and gave me directions.That made me more confused.When I burn a vcd it hangs out at about 8% and then freezes my comp.Thats at a speed of 48.I seen somewhere on here that you should slow down the write speed.I did that(to 4x)and finally my burn was succesful.I was overjoyed.....till I played it.The audio is slightly ahead of the picture.Not alot,just enough to irritate you.I really would like to use nero still if at all possible.I hope it isnt something i have to convert since I have had not one sucsess story with conversions.Please help me,im beyond frustrated.THANK YOU!!!

2. aldaco12

aldaco12 Active member

There's a (S)VCD forum for this, to keep things in order :).
    Anyway, I always burn at low speed because I don't want to burn a lossy VCD just to gain some minutes. Personally, I found that encoding a corrrect .MPG with TMPGenc then preparing the VCD (with VCDEasy or VCDGear) is safer than burning directly a VCD from a movie.
    The audio is out-of-sync? If the problem is of the original movie (listen it with WMP), is a problem of a bad DVD ripping (and the solution differs: if the out-of-sync is constant, it's easy. If it's more out-ou-sync as long you play it, it's more difficult). But if it's a problem of the burned VCD it's a bug of Nero, use TMPGenc+VCDEasy or TMPGenc+VCDear instead.

3. kingjames

kingjames Guest

thanks and yes its constant.it is a split second ahead of the video.is it possible to correct while still using nero?i found it hard as heck to use TMPEGen.I tried and I just couldnt grasp it.Also,you suggested that one and vcdeasy.Is one for video and one for audio?THANKS
    also,when i tried to use TMPEGen I couldnt get past loading the the video file.If i put in the audio it would load it.Why would that be?

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2004
  4. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

*thread moved*