1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

burning VCDs with lame mp3 audio

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by otters, Aug 21, 2004.

1. otters

otters Member

i have a video file with lame mp3 audio which i tried to burn to vcd with nero 5.
    burning them worked fine but when i tried to play the vcds with my dvd player, which normally plays vcds fine, i got images with no sound so i figure that nero isn't dealing with the lame mp3 audio.

how can i get the sound to work? do i have to change the audio format? and how would i do that?

2. Minion

Minion Senior member

The Problem is that the Files Actually use "VBR Mp3" which Most encoders Just hate and it isn"t even supposed to be used in AVI files but they still do it...

What you need to do before you encode your AVI files to VCD/SVCD is to Decompress the audio in the avi and then you shouldn"t have any audio problems anymore....

If you PM me with your E-Mail address I can send you a Small tool that will decompress the audio in AVI files....