1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Burning VCDs

Discussion in 'CD-R' started by Mattroid, Aug 23, 2004.

1. Mattroid

Mattroid Member

I've recently been burning some VCDs with Nero. I had some problems with it, so I tried this Sonic MyDVD thing that came with the computer.

I like both for various reasons, but I was wondering if anyone here had some suggestions as to a better program I could download/buy?

I like the fact that I can wither put thumbnails or test links in nero, but I like that I can add menu music in Sonic.

I'd like to have something that is as customizable as possible...something that will let me do all kinds of stuff. You know, make it as close to a DVD as possible.

In fact, I will probably eventually put these all on a DVD-VCD, so it needs to support that as well...

Any suggestions?

2. Shoey

Shoey Guest

For VCD backups, I personally recommend DVD2SVCD using TMPENG encoder or Canopus ProCoder. If your home dvd player supports SVCD(MPEG2), then this would be the route to go. You would use DVD2SVCD using Cinema Craft Encoder :) SVCD is much better video quality than VCD.

3. Mattroid

Mattroid Member

Well, from what I've read, being able to convert the original AVI files to VCD format and then over to DVD format is musch easier than trying to do the same from SVCD...Since I want to put them on DVD eventually anyway.

Plus, the quality of thw original files is already so low that making them SVCD files would be pretty pointless and only waste a lot of space and CDs.

If I convert all the files to work as a "DVD-VCD," I can fit all the videos onto one DVD (This is all about a 26 episode fansubbed anime series in case anyone was wondering.)

Thanx for the software suggestion, I'll give it a test drive :)

4. Shoey

Shoey Guest