1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Burning Video TS files to DVD

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by WAW1806, Feb 9, 2007.

1. WAW1806

WAW1806 Guest

I merged an AVI movie from two CD's using VirtualDUB and then converted the single AVI file to a Video Ts file using ConvertXtoDVD. The problem is that I am unable to burn the Video TS file (4.30GB) to a DVD-R disk - the process starts and then ejects the disk making it unusable. Can you help please. I have tried buurning on ConvertXto DVD; Sonic MyDVD,Nero and Ashampoo.

many thanks

Warren

2. IHoe

IHoe Senior member

ok..... Sonic and Nero don't mix well together...... some members say they conflict.... I would get rid and uninstall Sonic when having trouble with Nero. why ConvertXToDVd wouldn't finish the job is beyond me. do you still have the full DVD compliant files on your hard drive? if so do they play on your computer? when does the process eject the disk when burning? is it right way after it starts to write to the disk or is it after a few mins? maybe combining your avi files with VirtualDub didn't work..... try just adding both original AVIs to ConvertXToDVD and see if that works! good luck.

3. WAW1806

WAW1806 Guest

thank you

the process stops a few minutes after burning begins. re your suggestion of adding both files to ConvertXto DVD - would it merge both files and then convert. I am also using Tesco DVD -R 4.7GB!!!

many thanks

W

4. IHoe

IHoe Senior member

you are using crappy media..... use only the good stuff... stick to the MIJ rule (Made In Japan). Look for the MIJ on the box or spindle label or just buy Verbatim.... Verbatim is top notch media but the only exception to the MIJ rule ... they are made in Taiwan/Singapore and the only non MIJs allowed near my burner!

ConvertXToDVD will make a menu for each AVI file ... so you can pick and choose what you want to play on the DVD or you can set the settings to loop and it will play one after the other! the program would burn to the DVD if you set the settings to do so.

5. WAW1806

WAW1806 Guest

thanks for the valuable advice

W