1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

burning .vob files

Discussion in 'DVD±R media' started by paull4, Dec 23, 2002.

1. paull4

paull4 Guest

Can anyone tell me how to burn .vob files onto dvds to make backup copies of my movies--no problem ripping the originals, but I get 4 or 5 1GB files saved on my hard drive and I don't know how to restore them to a single continuous movie on a blank dvd.

2. kicker180

kicker180 Member

You need Nero or some other burining ROM to do this. You can check out some of the other forums to get detaild instructions on how to do this.

Heads up, If you have 5 1 gig files on you HD you will not be able to burn them to a single disk. They will need to be split to 2 different DVD's.

3. kicker180

kicker180 Member

4. paull4

paull4 Guest

Thanks! Just what I needed.

5. T2K

T2K Guest

Im sure you can burn vob video file directly on
    a blank dvd disk with out menus or any thing. my
    dvd player lists the video files selection and allows me to play them flawlessly but i perfer to create video with menus, audio and video folders

ps. I use stomp record now max.

6. Otherone

Otherone Guest

Use DVD Tool to merge the VOB's you rippped to your hard drive into a vob that will just fit on each DVD disc. Include the IFO file and others but weed out the Smaller VOB's. Then burn the vobs to DVD as data files. They wont auto play at all, but you can double click on the vob to play them on the computer. Otherwise, get DVDXcopy while you still can. But my Power DVD brings up a window with the VOB's there and I select which ones to play if I just burn samller 1 gig files the DVD.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 11, 2003