1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

burning vobs etc other than using nero?

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by Javakiko, Apr 19, 2003.

1. Javakiko

Javakiko Member

is there a burning prog where i can just drop the AUDIO_TS & VIDEO_TS straight in and write a disc other than nero?_I've had pretty good results with nero (apart from crap media) just wondered if anything else was easy to use!

Last edited: Apr 19, 2003
  2. thingimij

thingimij Guest

try prassi or recordnow max, both are simple to use, select new data job and drag your foldes in, job done.

thingimijig.

3. Javakiko

Javakiko Member

cheers i'll give it a go!!

4. herbsman

herbsman Moderator Staff Member

How did you get on with research on other burning progs Javakiko ?
    I've been using Nero with good results [even on cheap blank media] but always willing to hear the low-down on rival (as it were) software.

herb

P.S. I tried Prassi Prismo which came bundled w/ Pioneer 104 but had nightmares & had used Nero before for CD-R (RW) and it's ease of use was commonplace to me.

[bold]Nero compatibility for stand alone DVD Players: [/bold]
    Sony DVP-NS305 [plays everything...literally]
    Mirror 110 [only good media and on long films burnt at X1 perhaps]
    Bush DVD/VHS Combo [plays cheap media...still testing indepth]
    PS2 v4 or above [only good media & no RW]

5. Javakiko

Javakiko Member

Hi Herb thanks for the interest, i've used other software as follows:

Nero - Very good results using Ritek media and mixed results using cheap media (could be a set top box prob although my Toshiba is funny with cheap dvd-rs!)

Primo Prassi - Very good again (seems more compatable with a mix of STB's than Nero, even in 1.02 mode) although i've not tried cheaper discs as yet 'cos ive run out!

Roxio 6 - Interesting one this i'm still experimenting with this one, putting trailers on etc.. works very well with home movies infact its completely idiot proof and i would recomend it for anyone who wants a straight forward route for camcorder to dvd.

GEAR - Struggled & gave up, used Nero instead, ive been using Nero in its various states for a few years so i'm kinda used to it.

Prior to using dvd-decrypter & dvd2one i was going down the smartripper, re-mpg & spruce-up route although i couldn't get spruce-up to burn the discs & had to use an image file first.

I did try some other more obscure stuff about 12 months ago with poor results but i forget what it was called to be honest. ;-)

Last edited: Apr 24, 2003
  6. herbsman

Cheers for reply ... my bother in law bought a Sony Digital HandyCam a little while back so I was looking to see what was suggested for DVD-R back up of home footage.
    If as you said
    It'd seem rude not to try that first : )

7. Javakiko

Javakiko Member

Incidently i do all my burning at 1x as the Ritek 1x dvdrs are very cheap at the moment. My PS2 only likes the Ritek but my X-Box is easy with any discs!!

8. Javakiko

Javakiko Member

Funnily enough i was at a friend of mines dads last night and he has just started to use Roxio 6 for home movies and hes a bit of a pc/dvd novice and he finds it very easy to use!

9. herbsman

I have X2 capabilities but for movies from now on unless they are bullet proof blank media I always burn at X1 especially 2hour+ films.

10. Javakiko

Javakiko Member

My mtes dad even put dolby trailers on using Roxio from - www.cinenow.com/us/vobtrailer.php3

11. herbsman

I've got another batch of Ritek G03 DVD-R's on the way...damn good disc for the money !

(If Dads can use Roxio6 then I now it should be just plug n' play for me...LOL)

12. herbsman

If you stick a http:// on the beginning of that URL it'll be clickable BTW !; p

13. Javakiko

Javakiko Member