1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Burning .VOBs, someone please help.

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by Spedizzo, Apr 5, 2005.

1. Spedizzo

Spedizzo Member

I have 3 files, each around 700MB for a total of 2.04 GB. They are in the .mpg format. I would like to burn these onto DVDs (3 DVDs in total.) Is it possible to burn .mpg's right onto a DVD-R? I remember I used to do it a while ago, I used something called DVDsanta to turn them into .VOBs. But the problem was, when I burned the .VOBs onto the DVD the sound was usually desynched from the actual motion and when the DVD had about 20 minutes left, it seemed to just freeze, so I got discouraged about wasting more and more blank DVD-R CDs and stopped... but I would like to try again. Does anyone know any good ways of going about doing this so it will be sure to work?

Thanks in advance

2. squizzle

squizzle Active member

I've been using Sonic MyDVD lately because that's what came with my burner, and it seems to work pretty good. I've never experienced a synch problem if that problem didn't exist in the original mpeg or avi file. Are you sure the de-synching was caused by DVDSanta?