1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Burning With DVD Decrypter at 1x (Help!)

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by MrStoner, Oct 28, 2004.

1. MrStoner

MrStoner Member

hey im trying to burn a game using dvd decrypter, i made the iso and msd and now when i burn i select 1x and it burns at 4x despite my selection,

Any Advice?? Solutions?? Or Other programs (i tried record now! but thats a shit program anyway, and i think nero and alcohol will only let me burn at 4x)

2. Ashman1

Ashman1 Regular member

Just make sure YOU select 1x in the drop down menu and you will be fine.

3. jonjakjam

jonjakjam Regular member

The media you have doesnt support 1x burning speeds.
    4x is the lowest speed you can burn at with it.
    You could try looking for media that supports 1x.

4. knapptown

knapptown Member

Just be careful which ones you get because I bought some Sony media that supports 1x-4x but it still seems to burn at 2x even though I select 1x write speed. I haven't had a single backup really burn at 1x but I haven't had a single problem @2x. I've also found for my v4 flip-top that the sony dvd+r makes a better backup than any -r media I've used so far. I had problems with certain games using the -r media (nba live, madden, MKD) and when I switched to +r media, backups are exactly like the original. Don't listen to all the media talk and the +r/-r, find one that works for you and is compatible with your burner and ps2. They all seem to behave differently anyways.

5. ndnbolla

ndnbolla Member

hey knapptown i just bought these sony dvd+r's and was wondering if these are the ones u used:

http://www.compusa.com/products/product_info.asp?product_code=312838&pfp=cat3

it was a good deal and i had to get them b4 they ran out (only two left when i was there) and so i couldnt do much research. some pple said that they might not work on the v4 ps2 but this post u just made relieved me a bit

6. knapptown

knapptown Member

Those are the exact ones I got. I have found that they work on my v4 and backup games that -r media either will not, or do but with several glitches. Good luck and happy burning. Let me know if they work out for you.