1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Burning with nero after writing to hard drive

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by rneedham, Feb 11, 2005.

1. rneedham

rneedham Member

I encoded a movie with nero and placed the file on my hard drive. The folder is named "Video_TS"
    To burn this as DVD do i just copy this to a DVD and burn it. Do I need an "Audio_TS" as well?

ryan.

2. bazilla

bazilla Regular member

No, you don't just "copy" the VIDEO_TS folder, at least not in the sense I think you mean. DVD's have a special file format (UDF), and the folder has to be copied to it in this file format.

Since you have Nero, open up Nero Express, select "DVD Video Files," click on the Add (+) button, and browse to your VIDEO_TS folder, highlight it, click Add, and Finish. You'll see all your video files. Click Next, and then Burn.

3. rneedham

rneedham Member

thanks..

4. rneedham

rneedham Member

it doesn't allow me to select the folder itselft. only when i open it. plus when i try to add the files it says unable to insert the file.

the files are names of the files
    "VIDEO_TS.BUP" "VIDEO_TS.IFO" "VIDEO_TS.VOB" "VTS_01_0.BUP" "VTS_01_0.IFO" "VTS_01_1.VOB" "VTS_01_2.VOB" "VTS_01_3.VOB" "VTS_01_4.VOB"

since its already encoded to the hard drive why can't i just burn the folder "video_ts" to the DVD?

ryan

5. bazilla

bazilla Regular member

I don't know what to tell you: those steps work for me. Are you sure you are doing them exactly right.

A bum thing about Nero is that it wants to burn images or compilations, and will only do VIDEO_TS folders with a bit of finess (the steps I described).

A roundabout way would be to open up the VIDEO_TS folder in dvd shrink, and then click on "backup." This will default to chosing Nero to burn, without you having to actually do anything with Nero.