1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Burning With Nero

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by Blunck, Mar 20, 2005.

1. Blunck

Blunck Member

I just recently started to burn with nero and well i was wondering why nero has the files much larger than they really are... i have 19 episodes of futuroma that i want to put on dvd but i can only fit 5 episodes when i shold be able to put all of them in because they add up to 3.4 gigs or so... if anyone can answer my qustion that would be great!

2. fasfrank

fasfrank Active member

Well I would say that a typical movie is about an 1-1/2 to 2-1/2 hours and run between 5 to 8 GB. It makes sense to me that 9 hours worth of Futurama is gonna be somewhat bigger than 3.4 GB.

3. bassnut

bassnut Regular member

What is happening is ..... Nero when it ecodes them to dvd ..... I would assume you have MPEG or AVI files for your originals? There is a big difference between the two formats. What you can do is make your dvd to your hard drive first ..... make them about 7 gigs in size then run it through something like DVD Shrink .... atleast then you will only have 2 disks. You wiould have to try a sample first and see what the quality would be but you could do it like this.