1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

burning with roxio toast-error

Discussion in 'Video problems with Mac' started by macsnii, Dec 16, 2004.

1. macsnii

macsnii Member

Hi, thank you for this helpfull guide...I burned my first dvd's with it...:) thanks!
    Fist it worked fine...I used mac the ripper dvdtonex and roxio...but now roxio gives always an alert it doesn't matter what dvd I'm burning, it can't finish burning...it comes an alert like illegal mode or something...don't know what to do....would be very happy about some help!
    TTTTHANK YOU!

2. mediaguru

mediaguru Regular member

To help you we will probably need more details like what the error message is, when it happens etc. Perhaps reinstall toast (you do mean toast when you say "roxio" right?)

3. macsnii

macsnii Member

yes I mean roxio toast...the alert was...something like illegal request...can't finish burning dvd...It doesn't happen everytime at the same part or so...it's different...but I saw that I unchecked the field verify data, maybe that was the mistake...?If that does'nt work, I will try it with a new install! Thanks!

4. mediaguru

mediaguru Regular member

OK. Try a different brand of MEDIA. Make sure you find one that works well with your burner. That will probably do the trick. You could try what you have and instead of "best" speed select one that is slow like 2x or 1x.