1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

burning with Roxio

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by mumzee, Jan 14, 2008.

1. mumzee

mumzee Regular member

I have Roxio on my pc programs but you only show to burn to Nero... so how can I use dvd shrink and then burn directly to Roxio? I will be grateful for whatever help I can get

2. ZoSoIV

ZoSoIV Regular member

Last edited: Jan 14, 2008
  3. mumzee

mumzee Regular member

Thank you for your help.....so after I set it as an ISO file then do I go to Roxio and click on burn and then bring up the ISO file and then put in my blank dvd.....and one other question please...when I used DVD shrink on my other pc it was necessary to download ripit4me and dvd decrypter and my movies froze and skipped when I burned them with the dvd decrypter.....so hopefully I can do it all with just the dvd shrink......thank you for all your help, because this pc has windows vista and I'm hoping I won't have to purchase Nero because it's so hard to tell what's safe to buy online....once again thank you..........

4. 311814175

311814175 Regular member

What is your question?

You said that you burned the discs with dvd decrypter? I'm confused.

Shrink is one of those programs that run hand in hand with decrypter and ripit4me... You won't be able to rip too many titles with shrink alone... maybe some really old ones.

You CAN however use ANYDVD along with shrink... that's a good combo... or DVDCLONE2 along with ANYDVD... which is an EXCELLENT combo.

As far as the actual BURNING software... I would buy nero. It's worth it and you can find cheap copies that usually come packaged along with dvd burning hardware (and people want to sell them because they usually have a copy already on their pc.

Might I suggest purchasing NERO OEM SUITE or NERO 7 ESSENTIALS. They are both good programs, simple and get the job done. Like I said... I'm sure you can find a copy for pretty cheap. Just google NERO or NERO OEM SUITE.

Cheers!!

Last edited: Jan 14, 2008
  5. arniebear

arniebear Active member

You can use Roxio to burn after Shrink if you want, just save your iso or VTS file to a folder then go open Roxio and burn. You can also use the free program ImgBurn, which is by the same person who developed DVD Decrypter it works very well and is an excellent program.

http://www.imgburn.com

Nero is an excellent program, but if you are short on cash use the freebies they are also good.

6. mumzee

mumzee Regular member

Thank you everyone for all the help...what I was saying on my old pc I had downloaded dvd shrink, ripit4me, dvd decrypter...and after ripping and decrypting then it went to dvd shrink then right to dvd decrypter to burn without me doing anything....but it was terrible and didn't make a copy without skipping and freezing when I tried playing the copy.....ok, not to upset anyone please understand I'm just trying to get things right....I should download shrink and ANYDVD....or just download DVDCLONE2 and ANYDVD...and then do I still need to download ripit? Are those 2 easy to use and where do I go to download them.....I promise this hopefully will be the last time I bother anyone LOL :)....thanks everyone for your patience...I didn't want to download anything til I was sure of what I needed and how to use them together because I never heard of ANYDVD or DVDCLONE2 and that's why I would rather ask because the first time I tried this last year I got a virus.....THANKS AGAIN EVERYONE!!!!!!

7. ZoSoIV

ZoSoIV Regular member

mumzee . more than likely thats a burn speed problem or a poor quality media problem or both. using Taiyo Yuden or Verbatim burning between 4x and 8x max is what you want to do

heres the info you need on burning software. programs guides etc.

********FREEWARE***********

1. dvdfab decrypter to rip dvd shrink to transcode(sometimes you will need to use FixVTS or VOB Blanker to clean the file before transcoding with dvd shrink) then nero, imgburn or dvd decrypter to burn.

http://www.dvdfab.com/free.htm

guides to use it

http://webpages.charter.net/bacitup/

http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/334154

*********PAY PROGRAMS**********

1. clonedvd 2 +anydvd 21 day free trial updates for life very easy to use etc.

http://www.slysoft.com/en/

a guide to use it

http://club.cdfreaks.com/f72/clonedvd-anydvd-guide-madbob-72022/

2. dvdfab platinum

http://www.dvdfab.com/

a guide to use it

http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/480846#2943243

all this is safe to download and virus free!! we promise

Last edited: Jan 15, 2008
  8. mumzee

mumzee Regular member

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU....the only blank dvd's are all 16x's.. it's late right now so I will go to the pages you gave me to tell me how to use dvdfabdecrypter and then I guess I have to download dvdfabdecrypter,FixVTS or VOB, and then dvd decrypter and of course dvd shrink....is that what you use or did you purchase the ANYDVD and DVDCLONE2 and Nero? I may just wait and purchase all them this w/e...do I have to wait for them to mail them to me or can I download them right after I purchase them....I'm amazed at all the different sources now since I downloaded everything in 2006...I respecft your advice and the addresses and advice on which one the free or the purchase I should go....are they all very expensive? I want to get what will last me along time because I get the movies in the mail and you know the rest Thanks Again

9. ZoSoIV

ZoSoIV Regular member

i know all the blank DVDs are 16x but that doesn't mean you have to burn them that fast you can still burn at 4x 8x etc.

i have all the programs, the pay programs(clonedvd 2 + anydvd or dvd fab platinum) have a free 21 day trial so you can download and try it out.the prices are listed at the website. yes you can download the programs right away from the links i posted. everything you need is there links to the software and step by step guides to use the software so look and read though them and you should be burning like a pro in no time

Last edited: Jan 15, 2008
  10. mumzee

mumzee Regular member

GREAT, now I know to change the speed time....one last question...I still need to download dvd shrink with the two you have? Alright I will go to those sights when I get home from work and then that should be all I need to download.....now are one of those my burners or do i still go to Roxio....it's not a silly question...I have learned so much and trust me I will read everything fully and I should be good to go YEAH :) Have a GREAT morning or night wherever u r at.......right now it's 2:02am here

11. ZoSoIV

ZoSoIV Regular member

if your going to use the freeware yes you need dvd shrink. to burn with you can use imgburn or dvd decrypter you really don't need roxio, matter of fact i wouldn't use roxio it will confuse you more, just use imgburn or dvd decrypter and follow the step by step guides

12. mumzee

mumzee Regular member

Okay so I don't download too many things please just list the freebies I need....which I assume is dvd shrink,imgburn,and then I think there's one more thing I need to rip it or decode it....I have so many sights because of all the help I have been getting which I am forever grateful but now I just need only the freebies I need to download so I can get started doing my Bourne Ultimatum dvd....is imburn better than dvd decrypter? I'm on my way to work so I will check tonight when I get home......Thanks Everyone!!!! All I need is exactly the only freebies I need to download...

13. arniebear

arniebear Active member

dvdfab decrypter

dvd shrink

imgburn

All freebies and they work

14. ZoSoIV

ZoSoIV Regular member

all the freeware you need is here

dvdfab decrypter to rip dvd shrink to transcode(sometimes you will need to use FixVTS to clean the file before transcoding with dvd shrink) then imgburn or dvd decrypter to burn either one is fine i prefer imgburn though.

download dvdfab decrypter here vvv

http://www.dvdfab.com/free.htm

you can download dvd shrink fixvts and img burn here vvv, plus theres guides in that link to use the programs

http://webpages.charter.net/bacitup/

http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/334154

Last edited: Jan 16, 2008
  15. mumzee

mumzee Regular member

I just went to download dvdfab decrypter and it says it's no longer available on that site...any suggestions

16. ZoSoIV

ZoSoIV Regular member

17. mumzee

mumzee Regular member

I see the first Creakys post and it says new Beta version...is that the one?

18. ZoSoIV

ZoSoIV Regular member

19. mumzee

mumzee Regular member

HOORAY,SUCCESS I am watching my copy now....I just hope it plays to the end because I picked movie only but it's playing previews so I hope it shrunk enough to fit a regular dvd......I will soon see... but everything worked just fine.....THANK YOU EVERYONE FOR ALL YOUR PATIENCE AND HELP......YOU ARE THE BOMB!!!!! I will be forever grateful and will be an After Dawn believer forever and I'm still saving the other addresses so when I get the money I will get them, but right now the freebie is great....I just don't like it when it asks if you want to check for an update because that's how I got the bug before and lost everything so I always say no...

20. ZoSoIV

ZoSoIV Regular member

to do just the movie only, choice the "Main Movie" NOT "Full DISC" when ripping with dvdfab decrypter vvv

[​IMG]