1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

burning with the time

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by Eminent, Dec 31, 2004.

1. Eminent

Eminent Guest

I've started backing up my DVD's. I've read the guides and fourms before I ever started. I burnt my first dvd on the first try because of this site. I've successfully copied about 15 of the latest dvd's out with no problem.

My question is after I have decrypted with the dvd decrypter and used dvd shrink to compress I have the files in a ready to burn file. But I want to come back to that file and copy dvd's later without having to encode or analysis. I just want to burn the files from that folder because it should be ready to go. Already decrypted and compressed I belive. It takes a long time to encode each time. DO you know what I mean here.

Help me out if there is a better way.

2. Eminent

Eminent Guest

3. Veblin

Veblin Active member

I don't understand your question or your problem.

So burn them. Whenever you want.

4. Eminent

Eminent Guest

I decrypted and with dvd decrypter. Opened those files with dvd shrink, then I burn to a dvd. The next time I want to burn that dvd I have to go to the dvd shrink and let it encode and analyis, then burn. Is there no way to just make it burn to the dvd. Save the analysed, encoded files somehow, to save time.

thanks

5. Veblin

Veblin Active member

No, DVD Shrink does not burn.
    DVD Decrypter does burn.

Yes, Run DVD Decrypter.
    Mode > ISO > Write.
    Select your ISO Image File and burn.

That is assuming you are using DVD Decrypter to burn. You never said what program you were using to burn.

6. Eminent

Eminent Guest

Shrink is using nero to burn I beleive. I shrink what dvd decrypter decrypted and then hit the backup button. Then it does the rest.

Would it be better to use the dvd decrypter.

Is it an image that dvd shrink makes because all I see is files. Vob and ifo, etc..

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 31, 2004
  7. Veblin

Veblin Active member

It doesn't matter to me what you use to burn. But it would have helped to say in the beginning, that you were trying to burn DVD-Video Files with Nero and not a ISO Image File with DVD Decrypter.

Burning with Nero is as easy as clicking the Guides tab above.

Burning pre-authored DVD-Video using Nero.
    http://www.afterdawn.com/guides/archive/burning_dvd_with_nero.cfm

Other Guides.
    Nero Burning Rom: burning to DVD±R(W) guide using the "DVD-Video" mode.
    http://www.dvdshrink.info/nero-video.php
    How to burn a DVD-Video Disc with Nero Burning ROM.
    http://www.dvd-guides.com/content/view/40/59/

Next time you click Backup in DVD Shrink, look at the options for Select backup target:
    You will find several different options for burning or saving a DVD.

Last edited: Dec 31, 2004
  8. Eminent

Eminent Guest

What is better making a image or putting it into files like I'm doing.

Also I must have the newer version dvd decrypter because it seems different. I don't choose read or write on the I believe It's default was file or something.

9. rosspod

rosspod Member

i think this will answer your question.

once you decrypt it, and shrink it, those files are saved into a folder. open up nero burning rom. select dvd. select dvd video. then you will navigate to your saved derypted and shrunk files, and put them into the 'video.ts' folder. and burn. thats it. done. fin. adios.

ross.