1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Burning without going to hard drive

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by Twinski, Dec 29, 2004.

1. Twinski

Twinski Regular member

ALright I have had a modded xbox for a long time but never attempted to burn my games onto a disk, but i want to try. I have nero 6+ something or other and i know how to make an iso, but i have no room on my computer hard drive. As of right now i have about 4 gigs left and i was wondering if i could burn them any other way. Thanks....

2. Quadratic

Quadratic Regular member

Unfortunately, you can't do it any other way. You COULD just make 1 iso at a time, burn it, then delete it (if the backup works)

3. ozy

ozy Regular member

The only option is to upgarde your computer hard drive or add another one.

4. Twinski

Twinski Regular member

dang that sucks, well i also was wodering if i could make an iso on the fly with Qwix, it seems to me that you can manage xbox titles on the hard drive of your xbox and then convert them to iso's and then move them over to your hard drive of your computer? Is an iso smaller then all of the folders? and i had one more question i use dvd2xbox to rip all of my games to my hard drive, but recently i wanted to rip a movie to there too, but when i did it would not show up for me to play in evox? can anyone help me with that.

thanks a lot

5. djboogie

djboogie Regular member

if your xbox games are already backed up to disc, you can make copies of your copies with disc to disc on the fly
    but not with your retail games

6. Twinski

Twinski Regular member

Thats what i mean i have them on my xbox hard drive, but i want to burn them to a disk, but i don't have the hard drive space on my computer to do so. Could i swap my maxtor xbox hard drive in and thenuse it as a second drive and then burn from there?

7. Hrdrk20

Hrdrk20 Regular member

If your PC has USB 2.0 purchase a small external drive (20G) to store the games from the xbox to burn. If you're still on USB 1.0 don't even try it because it will take too long to transfer a 4G game to the PC.

8. killerzip

killerzip Member

hey if you only have four free gigs on your hdd then you have more problems than room. you could start having os problems driver problems all kinds of others. are you using the xp platform? If you are I should tell u that xp needs at least 15% of your drive to be free and unfragmented.If you don't have that the you are killing your cpu's performance and making your cpu run hot I once had a 120 gig hdd and I was maxing it out everyday and it crashed to where it was unsalvagable. So now I run a 4 hdd setup. my pc has never ran better.
    1. Scusi 10000rpm 40 gb for os and program files
    2. 80 gb 7200rpm For un shrank dvd isos
    3. 80 gb 7200rpm for refined iso's
    4. 60 rg 7200rpm For music and other crap