1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

burning working cd's from .bin, and .cue files

Discussion in 'CD-R' started by bobbyfree, Apr 30, 2005.

1. bobbyfree

bobbyfree Guest

I'm new here, so please excuse my ignorance. I have been here all night trying to figure out how to make a working program from .bin, .cue, and .iso files. Please don't say anything like "open it in isobuster and then burn it to cd." cause that's the process I don't understand. Also what is a ps2 "patcher" and how does it work exactly? Again I know this is probably a dead horse to you guys but I really need help.

thanks,
    Bobbyfree

2. nownthen

nownthen Regular member

cue and bin files are like instruction for writing a disk. It a disk image. What you have to do is find a burning program that burns disk images. I think Nero does it, I use blindwrite. It handles various types of images. If you don't want to actually burn a cd you can get a program called Alcohol 120% or Daemon Tools. Both of these will mount a cd image and be ready by your computer as a cd.

3. bobbyfree

bobbyfree Guest

Thanks nownthen. I guess it's the mechanics I'm concerned with. I mean do i burn the .cue and .bi at the same time, and what settings do I use. Again excuse my ignorance.

4. Daemon404

Daemon404 Regular member

The BIn file is the actual image. The CUE file should only be a few bytes in size, but it is important. Get, lets say Nero, and click on burn image to disk, and open up the CUE file. Follow the instructions.

5. bobbyfree

bobbyfree Guest

good lookin

6. bobbyfree

bobbyfree Guest

anyone wanna fill me in on ps2 patchers?

7. Daemon404

Daemon404 Regular member

Not quite sure abotu those, but unless your burnign a ps2 game, then you dont need it.