1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Burning XBOX 360 ISo.,....HELP!!!:(

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by mvp_153, Mar 7, 2007.

1. mvp_153

mvp_153 Member

Ok, so plz help me, I REALLY WANNA KNOW HOW!:(, plz answer my questions!

1. When I download the .rar file, Gears of War, there are 2 files, the 7 gb one, and the IMAGE.dvd one. Which one do I burn?

2.Which software is the best to burn an xbox 360 game? (Clone CD, DVD DEcrypter,etc.)

3. If you have the time, could you please give me step by step instructions. I don't want to blow one of the DL DVD's, since they're so expensive...

2. shinnster

shinnster Regular member

dude, there are so many guides on this. Just spend a little time doing some research.

1. It all depends what software you are using, if you are using clone cd then you load the small file and that will automatically burn the large file. if you are using img burn or decryptor then you load the large file but you may have to set the layer break manually to 1913760.

2. You will probably get differnet answers for this depending on peoples preference. I use clone cd as I have never had a failed burn with that. But you could use img burn, dvd decryptor or xbox backup creator as they all work fine.

3. Please search around first as there are lots of tutorials on these programs. if you are still stuck them by all means come back and ask here :)

3. mvp_153

mvp_153 Member

thx a lot man:)

4. mvp_153

mvp_153 Member

ONE MORE QUESTION PLZZ!!
    Can I use a "double" layer dvd to burn an xbox 360 game(8.5 gb), or does it have to be "dual" layer(also 8.5gb)?

5. shinnster

shinnster Regular member

I think the only difference between the 2 is whether its + or - so make sure it is a Dual layer + R

6. steimy

steimy Active member

you want Verbatim DVD+R DL discs
    if you use IMGburn you can use either file, although most guides always tell you to load the DVD file. I have used both files when burning games and they work fine.
    and here is the best guide i know, although there is another one at the top of this forum setion called "how to burn Xbox 360 games"
    http://www.xtreme-source.com/tutori...ups-samsung-sh-d162c-xbox-backup-creator.html

and as mentioned with IMGburn you have to set the layer break manually the first time.
    tools-->settings-->write-->layer break. Check user specified and set it to 1913760. Click ok and burn as normal

also if you have a hitachi drive in your 360 you need a burner that can booktype DVD+R DL to DVD-Rom
    another thing with Hitachi drives is that the back up must be a "stealth" copy. If not you will have to manually patch it.
    Samsung drives with the Extreme52 firmware you do not have to worry about stealth or booktyping

Last edited: Mar 8, 2007
  7. kkre4605

kkre4605 Regular member

Yes, use img burn and only use verbatims to start off with, trust me man. I bought some random £20 dL discs thinking they would work but they didn't, it even made me think it was my burners fault after 10coasters were made.

i was just about to order a new drive when I thought I might as well risk buying some verbatims, which are expensive though. I got them today and burnt crackdown in just 40minutes and works great! So trust me get verbatims first, they work with every drive.

Oh and as far as I am aware,technically the double layer refers to +'s and dual is for - DL DVD's. Well that's what IO read somewhere.

8. PS2Menace

PS2Menace Regular member

My son has my old Hitachi 0059DJ and it plays game fine that are just patched with the ss.bin file.

9. PS2Menace

PS2Menace Regular member

And you can cut that to 25 minutes by burning at 4x.

10. mvp_153

mvp_153 Member

Ummm, i didnt change my dvd drive or nun on my 360,lol. it has a normal mod-chip inside of it that enables it to run backup games. So is there a way i can use fujifilm disks instead of verbatim? wud it be possible?plz replyyy,i hav to hurry, cuz deres a sale on dl fujifilm dvd's,lol.

11. kkre4605

kkre4605 Regular member

1. if you have a mod chip in it, then you are taking a serious risk going online with your 360, as this can be detected! If you have a firmware hack, then you are fine. So make sure what you have got

2. With any type of disk you are taking a risk that your burner might not recognise them. I used infiniti disks last week and burnt 10 errors in a row with them, I thought it was my fault with burning, but I bought some verbatims and they worked perfectly with my first attempt of crackdown.

So what I'm trying to say is verbatim DL DVD+R will burn on literally every burner and that is why they are the most recommended but are expensive. Everything else is hit and miss.

12. samydaman

samydaman Member

guys I downloaded this game and got 1 .iso file. This is what the poster of the game said:

"360 .iso file ripped and patched with proper SS, DMI and PFI. Also passed stealth check. This means it is compatible with the new iXtreme firmware"

So I burned it using image burn at 2.4X speed but the game won't run. Someone told me the reason it is not working is because I am burning the iso file you should be burning the .dvd file. What? I am using no-name brand d/l dvd from Office Depot. I also hear about bit setting and that I have to make some changes. I have this burner:

http://reviews.digitaltrends.com/review4181.html

I have the latest firmware installed yesterday and my drive is Hitachi. What am I doing wrong here? Any help would be GREATLY appreciated. Thanks.

13. kkre4605

kkre4605 Regular member

Hi, I can help. The first thing you need to do is check your dvd burner has bitsetting (aka booktype) options, a quick google search might help you with that, (sorry I don't have the time to search myself, it's like 11.30 at night in the uk and I need to go and play abit of halo 3 before I sleep, but I can check tomorrow if you are still in trouble) If it has then you are fine. Uf it doesnt you need o buy a burner that can bitset/booktype.

Now I'll help you with Image burn. Firstly I would go to the img burn tools settings and write options. Under layer break click user specified and put it onto 1913760.

After that there is a book icon in the bottom right hand corner of your image burn, click on that, choose your burner make and then booktype the DVD+R/DL to DVD-ROM, this is crucial, then clcik ok.

Burn at 2.4x's spped and you can burn just the iso, the dvd file is no necessary, (although i'm not sure this is true for all games, but I have definitely burned just iso files before)

Oh but one reason you may be failing also is the make of the dual layer dvds. I used some infiniti ones as they were cheap and worked for some people I know, but I burned 6copies of a game, all didn't work. I then bought a 5pack of verbatims and the same game burnt straight away. Stick with verbatims, they are more expensive, but they are the best by far!

14. kkre4605

kkre4605 Regular member

oh btw, sorry i thought I would check for you, it seems that burner does have bitsetting (check it though lol!) so you should be fine, just follow my instructions above.

And to clarify a .dvd file is an extension I believe to the original .iso file, but when I burnt without the .dvd file, img burn just gave some silly message like "you are not using the dvd file, it's fine this time but don't do it again" so you should be alright I think.

15. samydaman

samydaman Member

AHA!!!!!!!!!!! I followed your advice and now it works!!!!!!! Thank you so much. Now there is a small problem. So far the game froze twice. Once when I powered the 360 on and once after a level just loaded. Also there are strange artifacts/glitches every once in a while like I will be skating around the city then all I see is white sky with black ground. If I go over the black ground I fall into it and I go back to the last checkpoint. The game is SKATE. I think it is because I am not using Verbatims, right?

16. samydaman

samydaman Member

17. samydaman

samydaman Member

18. kkre4605

kkre4605 Regular member

sorry mate I can't help you with that game never played it and doubt I will. I don't know what to tell you but it could be one of 3 things I reckon:

1. the rip of the game might be a bad one, so check the comments of where you got it from and see if anybody else is having problems with the game, if they aren't then it's your fault.
    2. I forgot to mention this before, sorry! But i normally close everything else down when I burn the game, (e/g all virus programs, internet, etc) that way the computer is only focussed on the burning of the game and is less likely to mess up. So you might wanna try that.
    3. If it's none of the above my only other advice would be to try verbatims if you can, get 1disc or maybe 5pack if you can from a shop or from a trusted seller on ebay. Then give it a go on verbtims.

Sorry I can't be of more help dude, maybe somebody else can help you so good luck!