1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

burning xbox game- help

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by claypole, Mar 7, 2004.

1. claypole

claypole Guest

im learning how to burn xbox games, h e l p !
    ive got xbox connected to pc ,i've managed to drag games from xbox hd.but i dont seem to burn them correctly?? im using nero6 and i got told to use xiso to create an iso image. but when i burn the image it doesn't work on my xbox? ive used dvd-r /dvd+r.
    so why doesn't it work? any help appreciated!!

2. ABMone

ABMone Guest

use craxtion to make iso and if not its the media

Didn't xiso prog turn out to be a buggy piece of crap?

3. eggbert52

eggbert52 Regular member

Exactly, what is happening? In other words, do your games load at all? If so then how far do they get? I had a problem with this for a month or two and there are many quirks when copying a game. Does the screen say "No Disc" or what does it say? Also, remember than when using Craxtion you have to open the folder where you FTP'd the game before you add or it will give you an error.

4. HawgFan

HawgFan Member

Stop making your own ISO files. Just use the directions in this link:
    http://www.xbox-scene.com/articles/nero6-files.php

After you FTP your xbox and copy all of the contents of drive D to you PC's hardrive, simply follow the steps in the link above. At step 3 you will just drag all of the contents of drive D onto the CD (or DVD), and let Nero burn the disc as specified. Throw the disc in you XBOX afterwards, and happy gaming!

5. eggbert52

eggbert52 Regular member

Well...I have never tried this but...I have never had a coaster using Craxtion and it works for me very well. And besides...it takes all of 15 minutes or so to create an iso...just works well for me I guess. I have tried using NERO and directly burning, though not with these instructions, and have had problems.

6. claypole

claypole Guest

eggbert52
    when i put it into xbox it comes up as GAME!
    also ive had it come up as NO DISK!
    where am i going wrong??help

7. claypole

claypole Guest

ive just tried again and its coming up in right hand corner as GAME
    REMOTEX V1.8.3285

8. claypole

claypole Guest

im trying to use CRAXTON,any idea what i need to do? ive downloaded it but then its the setup process im confused with,im so stressed now im about to give up alltogether........... is it just me or am i not alone

9. eggbert52

eggbert52 Regular member

Ok...that is good that it is coming up game. This means to me that your burning program is more than likely the problem. Before someone jumps on me I said "more than likely." However, from my experiences this is the problem. Do me a favor, if you are not using DVD Decryptor would you please get a copy and try that. I believe it is free on the home page of this site. If it is not, then you will have to find it or PM me if you are having trouble. Try burning your ISO with this then get back to me and if it doesn't work we will go to the next solution. But, I am willing to be this may be your problem.

10. eggbert52

eggbert52 Regular member

By the way...don't give up. You are exactly in the same situation I was in a month or so ago. This stuff is rather easy and you will be kicking yourself once you figure out how easy it is. PM me and I will help you later this afternoon when I get back from my apts.