1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Burnning movie questions

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by snupe81, Oct 29, 2007.

1. snupe81

snupe81 Guest

2. pryme_H

pryme_H Regular member

Wow! I'm in awe! The Nero-nator is coming for you!

Last edited: Oct 29, 2007
  3. creaky

creaky Moderator Staff Member

maybe, maybe not, all depends on whether this fits in with this extract of the rules -

Case examples regarding rule number five (5). No piracy.

Case: Pirated material, such as serial numbers and direct links to pirated, copyrighted material (including direct links to torrent files and ed2k links). PROHIBITED

Case: Technical, in depth discussion about copy protection circumvention (i.e. cracking). PROHIBITED

Case: Discussion about pirated content and piracy, such as converting (downloaded) video and/or audio files to DVD/AudioCD/whatever format. PERMITTED

Case: Discussion about copy protection circumvention in general (extracting encrypted content, such as DVD movies, compact discs, copy protected console and computer software, using existing software). PERMITTED

Case: Links to sites offering possibly pirated content (including torrent files and ed2k links). PERMITTED

4. LOCOENG

LOCOENG Moderator Staff Member

My bet is the two above would apply....

I'd also look at Newegg.com for a nice Lite-On, Pioneer or LG for half the price of the drive at Best Buy. But lets start from the beginning. For burning I'd use Imgburn and for the conversion I'd use DVD Flick, both are free and easy to use.

5. snupe81

snupe81 Guest

Would I use Imgburn for ripping the original copy? I am talking about a video off the net that shows movies that are in the movies right now(by video cam)

6. LOCOENG

LOCOENG Moderator Staff Member

Imgburn burns and will rip from an unprotected source. As eluded to in the rules posted above, we can't help you acquire pirated content.