1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Burnout 3 and The Incredibles will not play when backed up

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by Jack211, Nov 7, 2004.

1. Jack211

Jack211 Member

I cannot get Burnout 3 or The Incredibles to play on my xbox. I have not had this problem before. Is there a certain patch I need? I tried them about 4 times each just to fail each time. It says game disc may be dirty or damaged. I am using hp media and have tried to burn at different speeds without any luck.

2. t-traxxx

t-traxxx Regular member

try using qwix to make the iso. i've had problems like your having when i've used craxion to make the iso. i've never had any issues with qwix.

3. Jack211

Jack211 Member

I ripped the games again but using flashfxp this time, patched with Qwix, created iso with Qwix, and burned at 4X with nero. They both work great now. Thanks!!

4. t-traxxx

t-traxxx Regular member

one more thing that i had forgotten to mention, is that you should always burn at 2x with nero. i started off burning at 4x and noticed that the discs will sometimes make a grinding noise and skip. 2x is the way to go.

5. Jack211

Jack211 Member

I'll do that. Thanks Again!!

6. wallacela

wallacela Member

Hi peeps. I also had the same problem here. Im not familiar with thie Qwix program. I downloaded it. Now in order to patch my file I must first extract the ISO then patch my xbe files? Then reconstruct the ISO?

Or should I just rip the original again and then patch the files before making the ISO? Thanks for the help.

7. punqewe

punqewe Active member

There is another way to get around it too....if the rip fails and it gives you a message like 'directory not found'...all you have to do is transfer it to your xbox with either flash fxp or the file manager in avalaunch. Now that you have it to your games folder,go into your file manager in avalaunch and open the game folders till you find the default.xbe file. Highlight it and click it,it will ask you if you want to launch the xbe file....say yes. It should run the game,now let it load and then once you get out of the game it will now be in your games dirrectory.

8. wallacela

wallacela Member

Already tried that, and I still get the same "problem with the DVD" error.... perhaps a new level of copy protection has arrived?