1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Burnout 3 Backup online

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by meriddian, Nov 16, 2004.

1. meriddian

meriddian Member

Hello All

I have backed up my copy of Burnout 3 but when i try to play online it passes the DNAS Test as i have patched the image but then when it gets to the connecting to server part just freezes up and crashes.

Has anyone successfully played a backup of this online. Thanks

2. meriddian

meriddian Member

Anyone

Please

3. teggy

teggy Regular member

How did you patch it? I have not yet played this game but I would always use the disc id insertor method.

But if it's crashing on connection to server, it could well need DVD loader.

check out http://www.swapmagicfix.com to see if Burnout 3 is listed.

4. meriddian

meriddian Member

it is patched using disc id inserter

it passes the DNAS check but fails and freezes when connecting to server

5. bigmac999

bigmac999 Regular member

I had this exact same problem. Do you connect your PS2 to your broadband via your PC? And if so, do you use Win XP SP2? Apparantly there is a problem with Burnout 3 accessing online services with SP2. Also, have you tried an original copy online? If so, did you have the same problem? Apparantly the problem is with both original and backup copies.
    I found that on the connecting to network screen, disconnect the network cable from your PS2 and reconnect after 10 - 15 seconds. The screen then said login failed timed out. I then closed any programs on my PC and switched off the firewall. It then worked, and logged in everytime up until I switched it off.