1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Burnout 3 not working, tried everything I know, please help!

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by junkwars, Sep 18, 2004.

1. junkwars

junkwars Member

Hi All

I have a backup of Burnout 3 which I have tried to load, without success, using the below methods on a v4 ps2 and using the slide card trick with Action Replay 2 as the boot:

1) AR2 > CD Loader > High TOC game (Tomb Raider) > Burnout 3 = short lazer activity and black screen

2) AR2 > CD Loader > High TOC > DVD Loader v7all (option BETA 5v3 NO PN) > High TOC > Burnout 3 = pink boarders, short lazer activity then black screen

3) AR2 > CD Loader > High TOC > SM3DVD (press square) > Burnout 3 = short lazer activity and black screen

Have to always load CD Loader first as AR2 is on cd so cannot be swapped for a DVD. The backup is 3.38gb with Disc ID SLES_52584. I managed to get hold of another copy to test if it was mine that was the prob but this didnt work and was smaller in size at 2.66gb with Disc ID SLUS_21050.
    They are burnt onto Mirror DVD+R's which have been fine for my other games, using DVD Decrypter & Nero.

I did try CD Loader v7all but it doesnt load, screen sticks on AR2.

I dont know what else to try and I am losing hair rapidly!

I would really appreciate it if anyone here has an answer or suggestion somewhere in their immense knowledge of ps2 backups, I cant be the only one having problems with backups of this kickass game...

Thanx
    J

2. bengalboy

bengalboy Member

Hey there, don't know if this helps or not, but I used Decrypter ISO read/write and it came out perfect the first time, make sure to write at 1x, made that mistake on the first disc I used. I have v7 ps2 and use swapmagic.

3. jonjakjam

jonjakjam Regular member

I suggest you get better media.
    anything but mirror!
    mirror = horrible cheapo media.
    Your ps2 wont read mirror for long, trust me.

Burnout3 works perfectly with my PS2, try using quality Ritek dvd-r media =)

4. junkwars

junkwars Member

thanx for the responses! i will try both at the same time.

But I am amazed it can be down to the media, how can N4S Underground work and this not? Are Mirror really that bad? <gulp, have just bought 2 spindles worth!> Does any one know why

cheers
    J

5. Cloner

Cloner Regular member

why not jst do AR2> high toc>select a code and update it>start game without codes> press x> swap with backup? tis how i do it!

6. junkwars

junkwars Member

Cloner, how do you do this without using CD Loader to get the ps2 to a point where the disc has stopped spinning so u can take it out?

And what do u mean by "select a code and update it"?

Sounds like you have a method that i dont know of and im excited to give it ago but could you explain it in a bit more detail cos Im not completely clear on what you mean.

Thanks

7. psmo290

psmo290 Member

when using ritek on ur ps2, does it make little scrathcy noises? i'm just wondering cuz i'm using sony dvd-r and it does and i'm planning to get ritek g04 now

the backup works fine though, it's just these little scratchy noises when it loading.

8. Cloner

Cloner Regular member

well i dunno really, i jst load up AR2 at the menu i swap with devil may cry, once thats loaded go to codes and press triangle on a random entry, give it a new name( anything u want)press enter, (updating code list will appear) then jst press start without codes then x,( updating code list will appear again) the cd will stop spinning for bout 10-15 seconds this is when i swap, then it loads, i know it sounds long but its not trust me.

9. jonjakjam

jonjakjam Regular member

The little noises your hearing are normal, its just the laser reading the dvdr.

10. junkwars

junkwars Member

This one is really bugging me!!

I burnt it at 1x on Maxell DVD+R in DVD Decrypter.

I've tried your trick Cloner, and another variation of it which involved turning on and off Dave Mira codes. I've also tried all the ways I mentioned above with the new Maxell copy.

Still no joy! And 4 coasters!

(incidently, I tried my backup off N4S Underground with all these methods and it worked fine)

Is there something I am missing? Is there a patch needed?

Should I just give up now? Surely not....

HELP!!!! please

11. junkwars

junkwars Member

Anyone?

12. codeblue

codeblue Member

hmm odd i just used dvd dycrtpr burn at 1x on fuji film and it worked fine on my v9 ps2. i have the problem you are having with star ocean, i tried the same method.. hmmm

13. bigboyblu

bigboyblu Member

i backedup a great copy of burnout 3 with a ritec disk i use record now and burned at full speed with no loader disk it works just fine

ps2 v7
    swapmagic disk dvd2.0

i also had problems with ps2 versions it is better to have a new ps2 i you want to play all your backups

14. naz2k4

naz2k4 Guest

I copie burnout 3 (my disc is already scratched!) and worked perfectly!

15. thewaksta

thewaksta Member

Just a thought but Ive read somewhere on Afterdawn that PS2's Versions 1-4 dont read DVD+rs. I have a version 5 and it reads them fine. Are your other backups DVD+r's? Also, save yourself a lot of hassle and have your PS2 chipped. It's well worth it in the long run.

16. zxcvvcxz

zxcvvcxz Member

Hey Junkwars,

I have had this identical problem with Burnout 3 and I really don't think it's the quality of the DVD-R burn. I think Burnout 3 has double protection which tricks AR2 and Gameshark. The CDloader and DVDLoader is supposed to correct for this but I've tried both of them and all I get is a black screen. I'm basically positive it's not the media or a bad burn since all other backups work fine.

HAS ANYONE GOTTEN BURNOUT 3 TO WORK WITH ACTION REPLAY OR GAMESHARK BOOTING?

I don't understand why I would get a black screen after going though the DVDLoader (BETA5v3 NO PN) if DVDLoader boots in the first place. All I know is that the problem is almost certainly not bad media.

17. zxcvvcxz

zxcvvcxz Member

Oh one other thing,

Does DVDLoader v7 work for PS2 version 1-6? Because that's the only reason I can figure that this boot method is not working. Also what does 5v3 NO PN booting mean?

All backups boot with Gameshark except for
    Burnout 3
    True Crime: LA
    Tony Hawk Underground
    James Bond: Everything or Nothing

I've tried Gameshark > DVDLoader > BETA 5v3 NO PN > High TOC
    with each of these games and the disc spins for a second then sticks on a black screen. Please let me know if any of you brilliant tech wizzes has had success with this method or has any additional advice.

Thank very much!

18. hawk123

hawk123 Guest

I'm having the same problem with Burnout 3. Also NHL 2K5 is freezing right after the loading screen, and Tiger Woods 2005 won't boot (same as Burnout 3).

I'm using Gameshark and Devil May Cry for my high TOC game using the "Updating Codes" method.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, I have been at this for a couple weeks now. I know it is not a bad burn.

19. junkwars

junkwars Member

Hi again,

Cheers for the feedback, I didnt believe that I could be the only one with this problem (new to afterdawn but not new, as my PS2 will agree, to this burning and swapping malarky!). I'm happy that some of you have it working (lucky b@#*$%ds), cos it suggests this isn't a lost cause...

So for those poor souls who have spent many a night poking their ps2's with bits of plastic, flipping lids, performing tireless cd/dvd combos... wearing out that "..this time it'll work.." expression, and having enough stock to reasonably consider a mail order coaster company, I state my plea again (and it is a plea!) - Does anyone have a solution?

J

20. junkwars

junkwars Member

thewaksta - yeah, I have used DVD+R b4 for N4S and it works fine, is it poss that it will read some and not others? Seriously considering the mod chip route - cant solder tho so prob a plug in one, if they still exist.

zxcvvcxz - I dont think its the burn either - 5 discs of varying media quality done at low burn speeds seems to tell me that. I too wanna know what BETA 5v3 NO PN means? Why was that option suggested in another thread as opposed to the others? It didnt work BTW.

hawk123 - I feel your pain...