1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Burnout 3, system time, and booting

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by jwest, Sep 27, 2004.

1. jwest

jwest Member

I ripped and burnt Burnout 3 with DVD Decrypter, made three copies, but all booted to the PS2 screen, then stopped and went back to the browser. I have a Messiah 2, and I burnt it on quality media, so I though it was the laser lens.

I cleaned out the whole PS2, took it apart completly, and cleaned everything. I put it all together booted the game, and it worked fine. I then tried again, and it ran again. Then I reset the clock, which turned off from the battery being disconnected, and it just started going back to the browser screen again....

So in the end my problem of getting this game to boot, has to do with the clock, and system timing of the ps2. If anyone has any insight let me know...

Thanks

2. meta1

meta1 Regular member

Maybe you need to replace the battery? I had this problem and replacing the battery benifited me.

3. Demonz

Demonz Guest

On ur other backup games does it work just fine or just the burnout3 game. Did u set ur write speed to 2X and used dvd-r/dvd+r blank media.

4. jwest

jwest Member

I used 2x and 1x (seperate copies of course) so I know it is not the media. I think it might be the battery, but why? My time is on fine, and everything...but when I disconnected the battery, reseting the system....it worked.

Maybe i could get a new battery though....does anyone know what kind and where I can get it...

Thanks

5. jwest

jwest Member

does anyone know?