1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Burnout 3

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by Cloner, Sep 24, 2004.

1. Cloner

Cloner Regular member

does anyone know what it is with burnout 3, i played it on a m8s who had a no solder with swap magic, wrks perfect every time, same backup on mine with flip lid and swap magic wrks maybe 1 out of ten attempts, i have no idea what it is, it gets to the loading screen and gets halway maybe more then jst stops!, how does everyone else get it to wrk?

2. richard61

richard61 Guest

All I can say, if it is any help to you.
    I have just got in to the ps2 backup thing, especially as the dvd's are so much easier to copy than the cd versions.
    Have just done a backup of Burnout Three.
    It now works perfectly.
    I use dvd decrypter to read from disk at 4X, no higher, & write at 4X. set up dvd decryter to read & write at 4x using the settings option, default is auto.

I am using the swap magic disc & flip top. No problems.
    Was using bulqpaq -R dvd disks. Many failures, No good for ps2, Gt Prolog4 no good either, just crashes or hangs at loading screen.

I am now using Verbatim with advanced AZO -R
    Not yet had any failures,

Different manufacturers disks make a difference, use a good quality blank disc NOT cheapy unbranded, & read/burn at slower speeds, it makes all the difference,

I speak from experience, after trying out many brands,
    Octron disks which can be bought from lidl & are good price, are actually made by Ritek.

Dvd identifier will give you the Manufacture name and other usefull info about your blank disks, very usefull program.

Good Luck.

3. nohow009

nohow009 Member

hey you guys where in the internet did u get burnout3
    i want to get it but i cant find the sites that have it.. thanks