1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Burnout Paradise

Discussion in 'PS3 - Modding & Hacking' started by jabrony24, Dec 15, 2007.

1. jabrony24

jabrony24 Member

Has anyone played the demo for the new burnout yet?? Am I the only one that feels like they have turned it into a Need for Speed clone??
    I really dont like the open concept of the game..if i want need for speed i will put in need for speed ..I hope im wrong about this but I think they have made changes that were not necessary...It just doesn't feel like burnout.....anyone agree??

2. glenquag

glenquag Regular member

I haven't tried the demo yet but I'll go try it right now.

3. Navar

Navar Member

I like it, it is just open to drive what ever route you want to take. I think is more fun.

4. keeprolin

keeprolin Member

i'll dl it right now

5. NexGen76

NexGen76 Regular member

I have played it & i don't get the feeling like im playing Need for Speed.This game is great & going to be a AAA title.I have played just about every need for speed & they don't come close to this game..Well Need for Speed,Black was awesome but Burn out Paradise is on another level i feel.

Last edited: Dec 15, 2007
  6. escalante

escalante Regular member

I read that Burnout Paradise will be geared more towards PS3 than 360. Hope that's right! I haven't tried it, but i think it'll be awesome.

7. JorDogg

JorDogg Regular member

Loved the demo and cant wait for the full game, i see where you are coming from with the open world seeming like need for speed, but apart from that and the fact that their are cars i feel its nothing like need for speed, even the way the car drives feels soo smooth! lovin the crash's, dyin to try the crash partys :eek:D

8. Mr_Pink

Mr_Pink Regular member

Holy hell, talk about fun! It was hilarious seeing the animation when you slam into a wall. I think I did that on purpose about 5 times lmao.

But, seriously, I love it. I guess it's like NFS Carbon in that you drive up to somewhere and start a race, and you also have the drive-up tune up shops, but does that mean it's a clone? I think it's just a good idea.

The graphics are awesome, the sound/music/DJ is great, and it's fast. I think the controls are good enough. You can't really tell since, with the demo, you only have that one car. If we get more cars, we'll be able to better determine the control responses.

Granted, it's not a racing sim (get GT5 for that--and I will), but I may have been sold on this game because of the demo.

9. jabrony24

jabrony24 Member

Trust me I know what you guys are saying...Im still looking forward to getting the game its just that playing through the demo felt like a half-hearted attempt to duplicate nfs without losing the burnout feel...to me i know i will still buy the game but burnout is about the mindless simplistic fun and it just doesnt feel that way to me..and nfs is inching towards the sim genre/too fast too furious wanna bee genre...just my opinion

10. JorDogg

JorDogg Regular member

I just hope you dont HAVE to drive to everyrace, there better be a option to just jump right there or it will get annoying when you just cant be bothered driving over half the map just to get to a race!

11. mebjolz

mebjolz Guest

I never liked any of the previous Burnout games but having played the demo I will definitely be buying Paradise City. Its more fun than any other racing game currently available and the car crashes and damage is fantastic and driving around freely looking for other players to takedown was the best. I downloaded it and intended on just testing it out for five minutes or so...I couldnt tear myself away from it and ended up playing for three hours straight.